Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As requested here is the new Safety Forum.

Obviously a very important topic and much needed. Thanks for the suggestion :thumbsup:

·
Registered
222 Posts
Watch Caffine And Sugar Intake As Well
Yep, silly seeing someone sweating like a hog and drinking a 184 ounce soda from the convenience store.

I get jugs of water from the groc. store and keep them in a cooler with ice. 79 cents/day isn't too bad, and a bag or two of ice every 2-3 days.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I need to follow that advice and drink more water. I'm always wasting money and my health on sodas.

·
353 Posts
I've been on a huge Gatorade kick lately, which is probably a pretty good thing since I usually drink Mt. Dew like water. Unfortunately my wife and I have started buying those Starbucks Doubleshots at the grocery, and they ain't cheap! A day without caffeine is like a day with a hangover. Serious caffeine addiction here! :w00t:

·
Registered
222 Posts
I've been on a huge Gatorade kick lately, which is probably a pretty good thing since I usually drink Mt. Dew like water. Unfortunately my wife and I have started buying those Starbucks Doubleshots at the grocery, and they ain't cheap! A day without caffeine is like a day with a hangover. Serious caffeine addiction here! :w00t:
Yep, caffeine will definitely do a number on you in the heat! I've gotten to where if I have a long day, or will be on roofs most of the day, I won't even drink a cup that morning.

I've been drinking quite a bit of gatorade too...I like the Melon flavor. Problem is, at $1.39 for a 32 ounce, and I'll go through 4 of those easy on a hot day....water is a heck of a lot cheaper (but not as good). Need to replece that crap you sweated out.

·
353 Posts
I guess it sounds bad anytime someone says they have an addiction of any sort, but if I don't get the caff fix my head is rockin'! It used to be even worse. If I didn't drink some kind of caffeine before bed I would wake up with an immediate headache the next morning. How backwards is that?!? I've got it turrned down to about an 11 am thing now.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I guess it sounds bad anytime someone says they have an addiction of any sort, but if I don't get the caff fix my head is rockin'! It used to be even worse. If I didn't drink some kind of caffeine before bed I would wake up with an immediate headache the next morning. How backwards is that?!? I've got it turrned down to about an 11 am thing now.
I've never had headaches from it. I used to drink so much during the day that I'd be so groggy and dragging in the morning until I got some in me...I hated that, so I quit for a while. Now, I'm back to about 1 mug/day, and that's not too bad, but I do notice lately that I'm groggier when I first wake up.

I used to go through 2-3 44 ounce mugs, when I was an aparmtment manager.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Yep, caffeine will definitely do a number on you in the heat! I've gotten to where if I have a long day, or will be on roofs most of the day, I won't even drink a cup that morning.

I've been drinking quite a bit of gatorade too...I like the Melon flavor. Problem is, at $1.39 for a 32 ounce, and I'll go through 4 of those easy on a hot day....water is a heck of a lot cheaper (but not as good). Need to replece that crap you sweated out.
WE BUY IT IN 51oz POWDER FORM IT MAKES 6 GALLONS FOR A LITTLR OVER $7.00:thumbsup: I SAVE THE 32oz JUGS AND MIX IT IN THEM

1 - 12 of 12 Posts