Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello my name is Jonathan. I just wanted to introuduce myself. I live in Orlando, Florida and I just opened a commerical and resdential cleaning business:yes: . I am now ready for clients. The issue that I have is that I have no referrences and wanted to know the best way to get clients.:unsure: Any help would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
Welcome to the board Jonathon. Have you thought about cleaning for a friend or relative for a reduced fee (or free) in return for a reference?

In regards to getting business, I suggest that you start handing out your business card to anyone and everyone that you know and ask them to pass it on if they themselves cannot use your services.

Another thing that you can do is to make up some brochures and flyers and start to canvas neighborhoods that you would like to clean, leaving them on peoples doors.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I would use the advertising money that you budgeted in your business plan prior to starting your service to send out some postcards. Your marketing budget should be proportional to your gross sales by a factor of four in your first year.. maybe a bit better if you are a good salesperson.

eg: If you have budgeted $5,000 you can expect a return of $20,000 in gross sales. After you pay your insurance, bonding and supplies I guess you can make about $14,000 your first year. Hopefully you budgeted more than $5k.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts