Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I live in Riverside California and my husband and I have started a cleaning buisness, we mainly would like to focus on post construction clean up. Anyone know how much to charge per square foot? is 15 cents a square foot too much?

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
Welcome to the board from another Californian

You asked "is 15 cents a square foot too much?" It really all depends on what you are doing. Construction cleaning is often broken into 2 and sometimes 3 types of cleanings all done on the same property. (rough/ final/ make ready or fluff) each of those cleanings can be priced seperately or the whole job can be priced once

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Great to have you here. Lots of great people to bounce around ideas with and have fun.

Show us your website as you get it going. We may be able to help give some pointers.

·
Registered
167 Posts
going rate for my area is .30 sq ft in northern virginia. not that all of the contractors are willing to pay it. but i currently have a 4600 sq ft house that is paying more than that ($1500 for a final clean).

can't imagine that CA would be less. have you called around and asked. get on the phone and call contractors and see what they are willing to pay.

don't sell yourself short. 15/sounds pretty low for your area.

say hi to my mom and dad...they are in riverside.

suzi g

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you everyone for your support :D We just turned in our first proposal with a large builder here in california so we have our fingers crossed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts