Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a client show me a couple spots in their bathroom they felt were left behind from my previous cleaning. There were three small areas, two behind the toliet and one by the shower that had a green residue. I am only using chlorox tub and tile, windex and a toliet cleaner in their bathroom none of which are green.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? I could not get the stain off and since they felt it was from my cleaning I gave them a free cleaning for that visit. Any thoughts on what it could be or how I can get it off would be appreciated.

The Clean Team

·
Registered
28 Posts
It could be their water, just from the location of the spots. When I used to clean houses, there was one house whose shower was impossible to clean. It had green, almost mint green, steaks covering the tile. No matter what we used on it, it didnt want to come off. After I explained to the customer I couldnt get it off, she told me it was from her water and didnt expect it to be removed.

www.discountcleaningprioducts.com

·
Registered
22 Posts
Try bleach. I'm using it in my bathroom to clean black mold, but you can try it to clean that green residue.

·
Registered
693 Posts
I share your frustration with this! Many of of us have received negative feedback when the owner assumes it was something WE did when we cleaned. Sometimes it is and sometimes, it isnt.

The product that works best for me is made by Lysoi (of all companies! LOL! I still associate Lysol with nasty pine smelling cleaning stuff!) Their all purpose cleaner contains hydrogen peroxide. It doesnt smell awful and does everything bleach does without being I just love this product and now only use bleach if mold/mildew is present.corrosive or dangerous to you or your customer, their kids and pets. It whitens, it cleans and it kills surface virus's just as bleach does. i

·
Registered
693 Posts
I had a similar situation last month. The customer has dark tile floors. I began to sense that what I call "dirt lines" was present. When someone uses a nasty dirty old string mop or foam mop, all they are doing is spreading dirty water around. Over time, it settles into any slight depressions on tiles. Over time, those lines look dark. I removed some of it using a magic eraser and a soft foam sponge. Later, that small area had lost all of its shine. This puzzled me and worried me no end. One of the owners got it right - she said the previous owner must have used Mop and Glo. They werent happy with that small dull spot and I worried I would lose their business. It has become obvious to me now that Mop and Glo was used mostly in the kithcen and not so much in other rooms. I bought a product that promised to leave a shine on tile. It worked. But I fussed and worried about this for a month! I didnt lose their business, but I also feel bad because those dirt lines are going to remain there forever.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We've all been there, you have no idea how many times we've dealt with unexplained stains here, especially on carpets, and no matter how many times we explain that the stains are old, stuck in the padding, and reappear periodically, it's still considered our fault that they appear. From the location of the stains I would suggest that they are water stains, and maybe they have a small, barely noticeable leak behind their toilet. As for the cleaning, you could try diluted bleach, it's good for removing all kinds of stains from everything. And if your clients are not fans of bleach, you can try this lazy trick I have for stubborn stains, it's both efficient, nature friendly and doesn't leave an unpleasant smell. Just cover the stain with some baking soda, pour some white vinegar on top of it, leave it for at least 15 minutes to fizz, then wipe away. All the residue and stain should be gone, and if they appear again, then it's from something in their bathroom, not you.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts