Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Need to give a proposal, 2 buildings 1= 22000sqft 2=33000squft
I was told that the crew of 2 people that do it now gets paid $1400 per month for each bldg.
I did 2 walk throughs and looks like alot more $$ to me.
Does anyone know how much time to do a size bldg like this takes?
Owner of bldgs will supply equipment (vacuums), cleaning supplies, refill stuff for bathrooms, etc.

Daily service requested
4 floors 5-7 offices per floor with 3-5 partitioned areas in each,
2 bathrooms per floor
2 stairwells, Lobby, 1 elevator
Vacuum all areas, mop floors, sweep floors, trash, disinfect & dusting all areas partitions, monitors, desks, chairs, phones and window sills , glass, light switches, door knobs, bathrooms, refill dispensers, baseboards, lobby, the works.

other building simalar 3 floors of open space cubicle offices and a large lobby.

Nikols Cleaning Services
Westchester, NEW YORK

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
I was told that the crew of 2 people that do it now gets paid $1400 per month for each bldg.
I did 2 walk throughs and looks like alot more $$ to me.
my question/comment would be - if that team of 2 is doing it for that price why is the business entertaining bids for another service to come in and do the same work :unsure:

I would bid it "My way" per what I needed to make in order to run my business and forget what others are charging. Obviously there are problems somewhere and they more than likely are happening due to the exsisting company short changing themselves to the point that they have to rush the cleanings.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
proposal

The tenants are complaining that things are not getting done as they should. I noticed things too as I did the walk through. I suppose if I
Itemize the work that needs attention, write a complete outline of work to be done as I would do as a routine cleaning, & bi-annual add ons such as exterior window & carpet cleaning. The owner will see that I would be worth the xtra $$ to him for the bid. So far it looks good for me plus I met the person to make the change happen and did my second walk through and he was happy at the things I pointed out.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I may be wrong on this but here goes. 1 person cleaning com should be able to average around 5000 sq ft an hour. I do subcontract floor work for a janitorial company and that is what he has told me. Thanks :thumbup:

·
Registered
3 Posts
how many times per week are you cleaning? An experienced cleaner can hit about 4000 sqft, just vacuuming, dusting, and emptying the trash. The small building alone will take about 6 cleaning hrs with the bathrooms.

·
Registered
269 Posts
it really all depends upon what type of area is being cleaned. One needs to consider more perimeters than just Sq footage alone
T is correct. Production rates vary depending on the density and the scope of work being performed.
You could be 2,500 sq feet per hour or upwards of 5,000 sq feet per hour depending on those factors.

·
Registered
2 Posts
need help with quote

We have always done construction cleaning and move in and outs. Our account referred us to do an office building. it is 10,000 sq ft. 4 bathrooms, one break room and 26 offices with desks. Also 2 floors of common area entry way, and 2nd floor. All need mopping. It appears hard to quote please help. We are in need of the work.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We have always done construction cleaning and move in and outs. Our account referred us to do an office building. it is 10,000 sq ft. 4 bathrooms, one break room and 26 offices with desks. Also 2 floors of common area entry way, and 2nd floor. All need mopping. It appears hard to quote please help. We are in need of the work.

We have the same problem, did any body answer your question? we need help too. :cry:

·
Registered
50 Posts
nixmixpro,
I agree with some of the others that the length of time to clean the building will fluctuate depending on various factors. You have said that you would be cleaning the buildings 5 days per week. That being said, you should create a task list of the the areas that would have to be cleaned daily and the length of time needed to perform those tasks. For example, you shouldn't need to dust each office 5 days per week; once per week should be sufficient, unless there is a certain need that requires more frequent cleaning. Things that would need to be done daily would include trash, restrooms, floors. You should be able to spot vacuum daily with a more infrequent detailed vacuuming and windows could also be done on a specified schedule. Once you have your task list and the amount of time needed to perform those tasks, you should then be able to figure how long it will take to clean each building in man hours. If you have accounts now, you can use your production rates to give you an accurate idea. Good luck!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Haven't had a chance over the last week to see this posting. Been through your situation too many times to remember! You are probably dealing with a property manager who could quite well be getting the cleaning done for $1,400.00 per month. No doubt everyone in the building is complaining and they probably always entertain new quotes. That price is way too low for you to clean there! I only clean for one property manager and don't waste my time soliciting to any of them anymore. I would figure about 5 hours for one building and 7 hours for the other nightly. My labor costs for the first would be around $1,400 - $1,500 per month so then add on about 1/3 to be at $2,100 - $2,250 per month. The second building should be closer to $3,000 per month.
Peter Weiss
Total Maintenance Services
www.totalservices.org

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm cleaning a 12,000 sq foot office. 60 employees.
4 bathrooms with 3 stalls each and a 15 person kitchen.
I read some of the pricing on here and it shocks me.
According to what I've read I should charge about 1500 to 2000
A month to clean this 5 days a week! How do I make money on that
If my employees are actually American citizens that pay
Taxes and I pay taxes on top of that plus tax on
Whatever profit I make. Can someone please suggest a
Price to clean 12,000 sq feet 2x a week ( in PA)
That doesn't make me feel like I'm in sane. Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
FYI. I was referring to all posts I've read in this site in general.
Not just this specific thread. Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Square footage should NEVER be the only consideration.You could have 2000 sq feet of nothing but carpeted area and 2000 sq feet that is packed with desks and trash cans, plus bathrooms and kitchens.Look around and consider the entire job...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts