Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to open a roof cleaning business in El Paso, and can sure use some advice. I have noticed that there are so many roofs here that the shingles are stained from the water running down from the air conditioner. Can someone tell me what it is that is staining the shingles, and how I can go about opening a roof cleaning business.

thanks and God Bless,

Steve

·
Registered
326 Posts
Ken LOL.....

Read my Roof Cleaning page Steve. http://www.roofbath.com

Then if you need further info, ask more questions here.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Try Roof Resolve

The stains are most likely mold, mildew or algae. Roof Resolve is a roof cleaning product that removes all stains from your roof with out all the harsh chemicals that can be found in other roof cleaning products. It wont harm your grass, plants, landscaping, painted surfaces or pets. For more information visit roofresolve.com or ask me directly.

·
Registered
119 Posts
If the streaks on the roofs are from the AC units then I am guessing that it could be red rust stains that he is talking about.

I have seen lots rust stains caused by Air Conditioner units dripping on shingle roofs and also on siding and windows.
http://harrisburgpressurewashing.com/rust-removal/

·
Registered
29 Posts
Well the first step is to actually know how to clean whatever it is you plan to clean / fix, which it sounds like you do. So that is a very good thing for sure.
Next, if you aren't a "businessey" type person (like my word? :), then go check out this article.

Hopefully it will come of some use to your situation, at least enough to get you started off in the right direction.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I have wanted to own my own business for years but have never seemed to find the right idea. I have thought about many things I could do, home inspection, remodeling business.....the list is long.
I seem to lean toward things that would get me outside. I have spent the last 22 yrs in service/retail, the last 12 in management. I seem to be frustrated by working for the "man".
Recently things have happened at my current job that have pushed me to start thinking about my own business again. This time I am thinking about a roof cleaning business. It seems to be a new thing, I can only find one person in my area that does this and he must not advertise much cause it took alot of digging to find him.
thanks
colmarwatson

1 - 16 of 16 Posts