Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I'm wondering if anyone in their travels has knowledge of what Post Construction businesses charge per square foot?

Thanks,

Robin

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm' wondering if the rates in Canada would be similar. I'm in Victoria BC in a very hot construction market for condo's and very busy but very new. I'd hate to feel as though I'm giving my services away. I was able to get 1 job that I billed by the man hour which was appropriate as there was still quite a bit of construction going on after I'd initially cleaned most suites. Some had to be cleaned up to 5 times. I've bid 2 more, 1 using just man hours and the other by the suite with a clause that if I've got to go back in after I've locked it the clock is ticking and they're being charged hourly. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
welcome to cleaningtalk.com Robin.

The answer to your question lies in the area that you live in.... the national average hovers around .24 cents a sq foot for the combined total of all cleanings (rough/ final)

What do you mean by 'combined total'?

We are bidding on a new construction job. Upscale homes, about 3,500-4,500 sq. ft., 700k price range, they said there are 4 cleaning phases. So do you mean we would bid to where all 4 combined would equal $.24/sq ft.??? Or for EACH phase it would average about $.24/sq ft.???

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
What do you mean by 'combined total'?

We are bidding on a new construction job. Upscale homes, about 3,500-4,500 sq. ft., 700k price range, they said there are 4 cleaning phases. So do you mean we would bid to where all 4 combined would equal $.24/sq ft.??? Or for EACH phase it would average about $.24/sq ft.???

What I mean is that in most cases the rough cleaning is bid at around $0.10 a sq ft and the final is bid at $0.14 a sq ft for a combined total of $0.24 a sq ft. Any additional cleanings that the builder may want/ require would be in addition to those charges. Some builders ask for Fluff cleanings while the home is still showing, or several versions of rough cleanings

1 - 10 of 10 Posts