Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looked at a wood sided house today, guy wants it prepped for painting. At first I told myself I didn't want to do it, but it dosen't look that bad if I could price it right. Part of it is 1 1/2 story and other half is 1 story, so a 12' step ladder would get me high enough. It's not flaking that bad, I don't see a lot of old paint coming off, it's just cracked. I read some use TSP to take the finish or gloss off the old paint and then just wash every inch of it like a deck, is this the right stuff to use? If so I need a mix ratio to downstream at 20% draw. Not sure how much pressure to use 1000 to 1500psi maybe? The front is painted dryvit, but it's a smooth texture, not rough. The paint is still in good shape on the dryvit, not cracking or peeling, so I wouldn't need a lot of pressure. Anyway that's about all I know from my research, please give me some advice or tips on doing this, also I have no idea on price...please help.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
No prob Barry :cool2:

Nathan is a painter he might know but i bet he's been busy with mommy.:yes:
No baby yet but sometime within the next week for sure. :jester:

I'll look at this tomorrow when it's not so late but the painters on contractortalk.com really know their stuff so they may be a better resource anyways!

That is what these sites are all about... networking. And having ContractorTalk.com, CleaningTalk.com, diychatroom.com, and more to come it really allows us to pull our resources :thumbsup:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Looked at a wood sided house today, guy wants it prepped for painting. At first I told myself I didn't want to do it, but it dosen't look that bad if I could price it right. Part of it is 1 1/2 story and other half is 1 story, so a 12' step ladder would get me high enough. It's not flaking that bad, I don't see a lot of old paint coming off, it's just cracked. I read some use TSP to take the finish or gloss off the old paint and then just wash every inch of it like a deck, is this the right stuff to use? If so I need a mix ratio to downstream at 20% draw. Not sure how much pressure to use 1000 to 1500psi maybe? The front is painted dryvit, but it's a smooth texture, not rough. The paint is still in good shape on the dryvit, not cracking or peeling, so I wouldn't need a lot of pressure. Anyway that's about all I know from my research, please give me some advice or tips on doing this, also I have no idea on price...please help.

hmmm wow that is really hard.. much better if you just paint it with plain one and just cover wall paintings

·
Registered
182 Posts
We understand the importance of selecting colours that suit you and your home and have extensive experience finding colours to match not only the architectural.We are Premier Painting Services company in perth. We have specialized in professional domestic house and Residential painting in perth.

Commercial painting contractors Perth

·
Registered
27 Posts
Several painting preparation methods are used to clean the surfaces of the paint and finish layers. These include toxic solvents, chemical strippers, mechanical strippers and high-pressure washing. The most common ways are to use water only (waterjetting) and cleaning with abrasives cleaning solvents.

Many house painters in Minneapolis where I live, have been using high-pressure washers replacing Waterblasting and abrasive cleaning as the most widely used method. The advantages of preparing surfaces by high-pressure washing is an ingenious way of being efficient, economical and environmentally friendly by using only water under pressure.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts