Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently wrote an article about the needs and benefits of periodical training for cleaners.

I would like to know if you guys conduct periodical training with your staff to ensure they are up to date with the latest trends of the cleaning industry. Also would like to know if you think it is really worth it.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Training

Yes training is essential. Your employees need to know how to clean properly. However, if someone has a lot of experience and does it their own way, I won't try to impose my system on them. I would only correct someone if they were doing something that was blatantly wrong. I have seen companies who micromanage their employees on one end of the spectrum and at the other end companies who just shove their newbies out on a limb and tell them to sink or swim. I would think that it would be preferable to be somewhere in the middle. I like to give guidance but also let people know that there is more than one way to do something. A happy cleaner is a happy customer. If your employees are miserable (either over managed or under) than it will show in your employees morale.

Bainbridge Island Window Cleaning

·
Registered
2 Posts
On-Going training is essential for any commercial cleaning company that has employees. It can be a delicate balance on determining how frequent to go back over proper methods and procedures since some employees perform consistent quality work with little to no reminder, while others need constant reminders, talks and inspections before they slip back into their comfort of skipping small tasks here and there.

I think it's good for everybody, however, to periodically get together and discuss cleaning practices and procedures just to remind everybody to take it seriously and that they are a part of something greater.

I think an important thing is to only do it often enough to where employees will still take an interest, and to get their feedback and suggestions to make them a part of the process.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Cheyne!! How's things been? I just checked out your web site and after all these years, I never knew your business was a family business... atleast I didn't realize there was so many members of the Brokate family in the business. lol

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think training should be made on a regular basis by supervisors or team leaders . I would include it in regular discutions rather than having some training sessions , it is easier for them to learn that way .
I agree with you. Of course, training is really important, especially regular face to face training discutions. Whrn I was teaching English in China, my manager always organize the discussion for us to improve our teaching skills.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts