Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't seen this posted yet or I am just blind. What is everyone using for phone service? Standard phone service or other. Or phone through cable, or even satellite? I see the cable company offering phone service cheaper than our SBC and was wondering if it was better or not.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Haven't seen this posted yet or I am just blind. What is everyone using for phone service? Standard phone service or other. Or phone through cable, or even satellite? I see the cable company offering phone service cheaper than our SBC and was wondering if it was better or not.
Bellsouth at home, Cingular for the cell/business phone.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tried that business line cell phone thing with Nextel. If that was my only line without the landline I don't know what my customers would think. As much as my Nextel would drop calls, and as much as that phone bounced off the dash of the trucks after some help from me every time it cut out.

I was wondering also if there where other options like cable or satellite. Oh wait satellite Hmmm Every time a bird would fly by the satellite would go out. So OK what about cable/Phone?

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I had Vonage about a year ago. I'm sure it's better now I just had a bad time with them. Everyone else I talk to loves them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
In general, what are the limitations of VOIP from a business point of view. There is always a trade off: cost, reception, reliability, etc?

I'm seriously thinking of going that way.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have a land line and my cell. I use both for my company. However I do not give out my home number ever.
I use GrandCentral which makes both home and cell phones ring, then I can screen the call and decide what to do. If they leave a message it is awesome because I can listen to it online if my phone isn't handy.
I'm hard to get ahold of so I wouldn't be able to survive without my grandcentral service.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I have a land line and my cell. I use both for my company. However I do not give out my home number ever.
I use GrandCentral which makes both home and cell phones ring, then I can screen the call and decide what to do. If they leave a message it is awesome because I can listen to it online if my phone isn't handy.
I'm hard to get ahold of so I wouldn't be able to survive without my grandcentral service.
Although I have Vonage for my home, I am really getting disappointed in it. I get dropped calls, dead silence, lagtime in voicemail delivery, and bad reception A LOT.

I've had a business line before (ATT) and that cost me about $300 a month!! That's why I went to Vonage overall. Big savings! The tradeoff is where I am having a problem. If I cannot conduct business or have a typical conversation without glitches, I am doomed.

Right now I am using my cell phone (Sprint) on a PDA phone for business calls. I can forward all calls if I need to.

I am seriously thinking of adding a land line to my home as another office line to keep things seperate. Verizon has a monopoly here in our area and I really don't care for them. I used them in another state and I hated dealing with them.

I've also used CallWave in the past. I may go back to that too.

Torrey

·
Registered
167 Posts
I use Verizon for my home/business line and have a Tracfone for my cell service.

Prepaid, no contract, great coverage area, no dropped calls or lost connections in the rural areas that don't work with the major providers.

My daughter and husband have been on Alltel and Sprint out here on the farm and I get more bars than them with the Tracfone and no connection issues.

And I just purchase the minutes I think I will need for the time frame.

Love my Tracfone !!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts