Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner

Platform for Website - Wordpress or CMS or HTML5

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Matthew Norman 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I've heard so much about SEO, backlinks, on and on. But I wonder if there is a platform that makes a difference in improving search rankings. Looks like wordpress is the chosen platform. My buddy that owns a carpet cleaning company says that his ranking jumped after he moved his site over to Wordpress from Weebly. But is it possible that the Weebly platform was just as good and he just made content improvements when he moved to Wordpress?

I'd rather just run my hood cleaning biz and stay out of the technology stuff - but search results are starting to consume me. I hope to keep getting solid business in - but who knows. This stuff is whacked.

#2 ·
It's most likely that his keywords just changed when he moved over to wordpress. The search engine algorithm works the same for all platforms, he just may have done a better job tagging his keywords in the <title> and <description> fields. Some platforms do a better job and helping you do that without having to know HTML. Strikingly is a good example. There are also plenty of SEO rankers that will tell you what you're doing right / wrong on your site. Seo Digital Group is one that is free and good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.