Votes: 6 19.4%
  • $12.01 +/hr

Votes: 16 51.6%
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cleaning companies only. How much is everyone paying thier employees to clean? Interesting to see what the national average is.

Comments also welcome.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Seeing how my husband and I do the bulk of the work we only have one employee. We pay them by the house. $20.00 per house. We only work them if we have 3 or more homes on a given day. They average a hour and a half to three hours per home usually. It averages about $12.00 per hour for the day. We only have a few homes that are 3 hours or maybe 3 1/2 hours but the we may give a few more dollars. It is a family member and they are just grateful for a job!:no:

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We are currently Paying $12.50/hr to our Ladies. In the end, it comes close to $15+/hr after matching FICA, Unemployment Insurance, Workers' Comp, Payroll processing etc....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello Everyone,

My father owns a small commercial cleaning company in New Jersey and he and my mother used to do the labor of cleaning themselves. However, they have hired help because quite frankly they have come to the point where physically it has become too much. My father has 2 people, a mother and son, clean one building that it takes my father to do in 1 1/2 hours to do himself do that same building now. My mother handoes the financial aspect of the business and she pays these people $60 to clean that one building. My father argues that it is too much and I agree. The way I see it only one person should be cleaning that job and definitely not for $60. I don't know what employees get paid an hour in NJ buy I'm guessing it shouldn't be more than $15. However I do take into account the size of the building and what needs to be done.If it takes half an hour to clean a building then the hourly rate should be lower but for a much larger building that would take 1-2 hrs for 1-2 people than the hourly rate should be higher. Any advice?

·
Registered
959 Posts
My advice would be for your mother and father to sit down and have a meeting. They need to go over the job each of them does and clarify that. Then they need to agree that neither have total control over any one thing. Everything should be a joint decision.

What does your mother handling the financial aspect of things have to do with her having control of setting the pay rate without consulting your father? I'd say the problem probably goes deeper than paying 2 people $60 for a 1 person $35 job.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I pay my employees 50% of the job, which is usually $10-15 per hour. This is for teams of two. If I had only one cleaner doing a job, they could easily make over $20 an hour, but I always like having teams of two.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Wages for cleaners

I pay my cleaners around $25 an hour here in Australia and pay them for the real amount hours they work including travel time.
The minimum wage here is around $21 an hour and that may sound high compared to the US but the sad thing is that many booking agencies exploit their staff.
For example, they would send staff to a building and tell them they have 5 hours to clean it, when in actual fact, it would be impossible to clean it in under 10 hours. The staff end up working 10hrs and only gets paid for 5 so the company gets away with paying $10.50 an hour.

Unfortunately, the customer also ends up losing in this scenario because staff then try to cut corners in order to try and finish within the unrealistic time frames given to them by their employers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello Everyone,

My father owns a small commercial cleaning company in New Jersey and he and my mother used to do the labor of cleaning themselves. However, they have hired help because quite frankly they have come to the point where physically it has become too much. My father has 2 people, a mother and son, clean one building that it takes my father to do in 1 1/2 hours to do himself do that same building now. My mother handoes the financial aspect of the business and she pays these people $60 to clean that one building. My father argues that it is too much and I agree. The way I see it only one person should be cleaning that job and definitely not for $60. I don't know what employees get paid an hour in NJ buy I'm guessing it shouldn't be more than $15. However I do take into account the size of the building and what needs to be done.If it takes half an hour to clean a building then the hourly rate should be lower but for a much larger building that would take 1-2 hrs for 1-2 people than the hourly rate should be higher. Any advice?
Is this the only work they currently do for your company? $35 in New Jersey doesn't go very far and i do not know many people that would leave their house for that amount, even here in Florida. In my experience, you get what you pay for.....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts