Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Okay this time I will just say looks awesome as always Shane. Also how much new treated are you running into. You know the green I don't like stain stuff?

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay this time I will just say looks awesome as always Shane. Also how much new treated are you running into. You know the green I don't like stain stuff?

Thanks Dave O :cool2:

I'm seeing wayy to much new PT pine looking green and crappy.Take a look at the tea house rafters and you'll see what i mean.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Dude, I am not worthy to view your pictures but only say the word and I shall be healed. That is absolutley beautiful, Shane. I have to pick myself up from the floor.

PS: Ed still says you are a vandal.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dude, I am not worthy to view your pictures but only say the word and I shall be healed. That is absolutley beautiful, Shane. I have to pick myself up from the floor.

PS: Ed still says you are a vandal.

Thanks Dude but you are more than worthy :cool2:

I have't used this Cedar dark in a while by itself an had forgotten how it looked after stained.It used to be the #1 BGA color for decks before i moved people to 50/50 gold/brown.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Stunning work. After admiring many of your beautiful pics I was hoping you could give me a bit of advice. I don't do decks for business but my deck is going to need a restoration soon. If you were to pick a particular brand of stain that a consumer can easily get which would it be? I know that Behr's is considered junk and some have said Sikkens is okay. I used to use some Sikkens products on a boat and was happy. Is there one that you would suggest?

If I were in Texas I would just call you and have you do it!

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Stunning work. After admiring many of your beautiful pics I was hoping you could give me a bit of advice. I don't do decks for business but my deck is going to need a restoration soon. If you were to pick a particular brand of stain that a consumer can easily get which would it be? I know that Behr's is considered junk and some have said Sikkens is okay. I used to use some Sikkens products on a boat and was happy. Is there one that you would suggest?

If I were in Texas I would just call you and have you do it!
Thanks Keth :cool2:

Where are you located Keth?

It's really not that hard to clean a deck if you have the right chems and clean it in the right process.Feel free to call me anytime if you want a crash course on cleaning and sealing your deck i'd be glad to help

TWP is pretty available in most areas look for it if you can? I can have some of the Gray Away i use all the time shipped to you from Plano also.

If you have pics of the deck that would be easier to see what needs to be done to it?

·
Registered
77 Posts
I am in South Carolina. My deck was done with Olympic Wood Protector oil base semi-transparent stain (Caramel color) just before we bought the house. Seeing your pictures makes me drool and when this Olympic dies I want to do something along the lines of some of the lighter stuff you do. I love the look of your dark cedar but I like to walk around in bare feet so the darker stains here in the steamy south would make it too hot.

You mention TWP but I am not familiar with this brand. Is there a particular chain that might sell it. I will search for their site and see if they have a dealer locator.

Keep up the good work. It is truly nice to see a craftsman who takes great pride in what they do. I think I speak for all of us when I say I admire you.

Cheers,
Keth

PS I can try to get some pics up but the deck doesn't look too bad right now. We are two years into it. I expect the stain to start failing sometime next summer.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts