Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's with the new Pro Gen vacs? One lasted 6 months and another gave out after 9 months. Had a few improvements but never really liked them. We have Pro Force that are several years old and still run. A few flaws but we can get them for about $390 and consumable are affordable. And they get into smaller spaces.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Not sure which model you have but according to Proteam website the Progen 12 has an " Unsurpassed 3 year warranty"--quote from proteam.com/progen 12 upright.
I have their backpack 6qt model bought it 10years ago still works great.
Brad BD Janitorial.
P.S. if proteam has a twitter account, I hear it is a good way to get quick feedback or a response to a complaint.
I can understand your frustration with broken vacuums. I have a Nacecare HX 14 love the vacuum but so far had to replace 2 handles, 1 base cover and the parts are ex spen sive.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We like the ProForce 1200 12 inch. Inexpensive, durable, and repairable. Tried the newer and better Pro Gen but it is worse. Doesn't fit under small spaces, you can't turn brush roll off, and they don't last. Warranty means you're out of a vacuum waiting on parts or repair. We get 4 to 5 years out of Pro Force. Prefer Windsor S and Sebo G5 but it is hard to watch them get abused.
Have a couple Nacecare PPR 390 very reliable and durable if a little short on power and not suited for carpet. Sorry you had issues with Nacecare.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I prefer a wide path vacuum for larger areas like a minuteman 18" vac or small accounts and a smaller 14" vac for smaller areas & stairs. The Nacecare HX 14 weighs almost nothing, sits lower to the floor (harder to maneuver on uneven floors) seems to pickup more hair and small particles.
Bought a sanitaire commercial portable vac with shoulder strap and added a 14" floor tool to get me buy when the naccare is in the shop.
Brad BD Janitorial

1 - 4 of 4 Posts