Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a question that enters the mind of most home owners whether to call in a professional carpet cleaning service or to rent out a machine and do the job yourself. Both the methods have their own pros and cons but hiring a professional service does have more advantages considering the level of cleaning and also products used for cleaning.

·
Registered
71 Posts
This is a question that enters the mind of most home owners whether to call in a professional carpet cleaning service or to rent out a machine and do the job yourself. Both the methods have their own pros and cons but hiring a professional service does have more advantages considering the level of cleaning and also products used for cleaning.
Fortunately, most of our work is upscale residential and commercial but we will sometimes get asked what the difference is.

I ask them what their time is worth to them.

I explain to them that a Rug Doctor can't do the same job as a top rated truck mount unit can. I've had to replace the padding for people who have over wet their carpets with a rental machine.

I also explain that the cleaning solution we use are safer and more effective and won't contribute to re-soiling.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Better

· This is a question that enters the mind of most home owners whether to call in a professional carpet cleaning service or to rent out a machine and do the same thing.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have to agree with ftgjr, part of the expertise you get with a professional carpet cleaning company is that they not only know what chemical(s) is best to clean your carpet, but also how to best treat stains you may have as well... something you might not know on your own...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Carpet Cleaning methods depend on the type of carpet you have. The fabric and material of your carpet decides the method and chemicals used for them. Cleaning the carpets on your own by using traditional methods or machines brought on rent may be harmful for carpets as one is not fully aware of the correct method to be used. Therefore in such cases when you are not sure of what method to use and which one will be the best, you must seek the advice of professionals. They know the most appropriate method to be used for your carpets.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Professional carpet cleaners will do a much better job on your carpet than rental units. We had one customer who rented a carpet cleaning machine to use in her home and it left large grease stains and the carpet was worse than when she started. We were called in to fix the mess, using our truckmounted unit. It gives a great clean for your carpet (Lincoln, Nebraska Area)

servprolincoln dot com

·
Registered
34 Posts
I agree that calling in a professional for the purpose of carpet cleaning would prove to be advantageous in the long run because if it is not cleaned properly at home then after some time the carpet would have plenty of stains on it and would also become a little smelly.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Rent a machine and do the cleaning yourself- not a bad idea but you should have time as well as know to handling machine working. But if you don't have time then professional carpet cleaner does manage cleaning task for you.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Definitely thought provoking, It is true that the equipment and method are the number one concerns. The other concern is that the job is done in a thorough and professional manner.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I believe that home owners normally use soft brush or some cleaning products as well for cleaning them carpet. It's also another fact that hiring professionals for cleaning carpet can be more beneficial but, although moreover home owners denied to call professionals at home for cleaning carpet.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Professional carpet cleaning is effective way to to improve appearance. wet carpet can not handle by home cleaning method in case of water flow .Emergency services provides the fastest cleanup and repair method.
any idea of wet carpet cleaning method in case of water flow ...

·
Registered
26 Posts
In my experience most people who decide to make that call to a domestic service company have already decided that they need their carpets doing and the pros out weigh the cons. I often find that most people (unless a brand new customer) have considered or will consider having their carpets cleaning at some point throughout there life. We tend to have alot of repeat customers and even customers who have moved out of the area and still want to use our service as its trusted.

I would also say that most people who hire one of these off the shelf DIY carpet cleaning machines soon regret the poor performance of those machines and wish they never wasted their money. Unfortunately i think these machines are the ones which affect the decision to hire a professional service or not as those machines if not used correctly and i mean correctly will damage your carpets rather than make them clean.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts