Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Its funny, I posted a blog two weeks ago with almost the same title but for gutter cleaning. I believe people who are going to do it themselves will do just that. Once they make a mistake and damage their property or themselves they will give you a call. Can't tell you how many times I have been asked to fix striped concrete because a homeowner put a zero tip on a pressure washer and tried to clean themselves.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Home owners will shoot 2500-4000 psi directly on the siding and ruin it. So will companies that don't have insurance or proper equipment / techniques. Not to mention the lack of workmans comp

·
Registered
5 Posts
The benefits of using a professional company to power wash a homes exterior include this as well.

Insured
Professional Results
Home owners save their time and don't risk being injured
Add those to your list as well

·
Registered
50 Posts
We give the wow factor using a mix of softwash , for painted surfaces, and high pressure, including long lasting mould treatment for hard surfaces.
We have spent a lot of time and money to produce this result as opposed to the home owner using a cheap pressure cleaner to do areas that it is not the best treatment for.
We always have happy customers as they don't have to do anything and the results speak for themselves.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey,

Unlike DIY, quality carpet cleaning services involve heavy-duty tools like steam cleaning machines. Nowadays many professional carpet cleaners are either portable or large units mounted to their truck. However, there are certain norms you should be aware of like making sure you get a solid quote prior starting of the work.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Easy choice isn't it?

lol STREAKS!! Man ive seen so many homeowner jobs look horrible to the point I can tell they tried but failed and now have to hire a professional to fix the issue they caused.
We have to somehow educate people that spending so much time themselves with bad results can be easily fixed by hiring a professional.
So much better result and they don't have to waste their free time cleaning.
Just a thought. Pete

·
Registered
25 Posts
....just my opinion, but.... It looks like almost everybody posting here is the owner of a power washing company and has a vested interest in the info in their reply. As the owner of a decent-sized pressure / power washing company, I want business too. But there are many instances where you can get great results by just renting a pressure washer from Home Depot. I'm not going to get into specific instances where they're equivalent, but obviously, those types of cleanings that don't require a lot of knowledge or use of cleaning agents, don't need heated water, and on tight surfaces (not porous) will yield good results from DIYers and are of low risk of damage. Ok, I lied. Here's an example. You've got a bunch of dirty (just DIRTY) sealed pavers on a patio area by the backyard pool. A DIYer using a pressure washer, staying 10" away will clean that up in a heartbeat. I do completely agree that your time is worth something and you'll be spending some of it picking up a washer, returning it, you'll need a truck or a trailer, etc, etc...... .....again, just my opinion.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts