Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Around here carpet cleaners are a dime a dozen.

There are a lot of pros around that stay busy, but it seems like there are also a lot of guys who buy a portable, get scared when the payments come due with no work lined up, and then lowball to try to pay off the machine.

I have done commercial carpet before, and at some point may buy a portable with hot water to service existing customers. I'm not going to try to get 'carpet only' business.

I may also look into bonnet cleaning for appearance maintenance. I already have the scrubber, so....

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

There are a lot of pros around that stay busy, but it seems like there are also a lot of guys who buy a portable, get scared when the payments come due with no work lined up, and then lowball to try to pay off the machine.

I have done commercial carpet before, and at some point may buy a portable with hot water to service existing customers. I'm not going to try to get 'carpet only' business.

I may also look into bonnet cleaning for appearance maintenance. I already have the scrubber, so....
Just wondered since I always see 6 rooms, hallway,chair, for like $99.00.

Curious if that was good money or if they just upsell, but most houses don't have many rooms. Its all shaggy or fuzzy to me.

·
Registered
30 Posts

Thad
What kind of carpet are u wanting to clean? If it is commerical carpet low pile go with the bonnet u already have the machine just buy a few bonnets and some bonnet cleaner and your ready to go. It does work well on low pile carpet.

·
Registered
620 Posts
500k a year?

Hmmm now I'm interested. Tell me more Ken
I really don't have much else to tell you Dave other than they have ben in business for 20 years, chose not to grow any larger and utilize the best techniques in sales and marketing.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I started cleaning with a company in Dallas that did 2 rooms and I think a hall for 13.90. Hard for a tech to make money like that. The only way is to upsell. This was in the mid 80's I was new at carpet cleaning I think my job average was around 100 bucks then. But even so a 100 dollar job now I would do in about 1 hour one and half at most. Then put scotsguard or deoderizers ,carpet repair, add on rooms and it just goes up from there.

·
Registered
105 Posts
It can be a very profitable and lucrative business if run properly. Do a great job, build wonderful relationships with your clientele, market back to them always, wear uniforms and look and act professional and you will do great! This is the exact methods we have used at my company carpet cleaning mission viejo for the last 17 years and have built a outstanding reputation throughout our service area.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts