Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner

Real Estate

7K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  heavenlyhomes 
#1 ·
Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone could share with me how you advertise to real estate agencies or apartment complexes?

Do you have an example flyer or brochure you could send to me please?

Thanks,

Josie

#3 ·
Hi Josie,

I start by sending a letter to the property manager or to the realitor explaining who I am and giving some details of what we have to offer for their type of cleaning.
This is what I am in the process of doing now....I created my own cover letter to go with my flyer....asking the company "Are you happy with your current cleaning service? Are you really getting your money's worth?" If the answer is a no ...then call...etc....etc....:thumbsup:

#4 ·
If you really want a property manager to sit up and take notice of your marketing materials Highlight the offering of services that most other cleaning companies would not do as a norm.

We for example one of the things that we do is to remove all vents and clean or vacuum as far as we can reach within the ducts, wash the vent covers and replace. Things like that make you stand out.

I found it totally unbelieveable recently when one property manger told me that we were the only company that she had seen lately that offered to clean cobwebs. COBWEBS !! I was blown away, just what were they cleaning? :no:

#5 ·
If you really want a property manager to sit up and take notice of your marketing materials Highlight the offering of services that most other cleaning companies would not do as a norm.

We for example one of the things that we do is to remove all vents and clean or vacuum as far as we can reach within the ducts, wash the vent covers and replace. Things like that make you stand out.

I found it totally unbelieveable recently when one property manger told me that we were the only company that she had seen lately that offered to clean cobwebs. COBWEBS !! I was blown away, just what were they cleaning? :no:
The vent idea is great! But what company doesn't remove cobwebs as a part of their regular service? :thumbdown: I know I do!

#8 ·
Hi Guys

don't forget that you can bypass these guys.

http://www.billericay-estate-agents.150m.com/

people selling and renting want their homes to be presentable and get as much as they can for them. agents will only value what they see if its dirty and smells then it's reflected in the price.

i have letters in my van that every time i see a sale board i stop and post one.

respect

Ian Harper

#9 ·
Sample Apartment cleaning checklist

APARTMENT CLEANING CHECKLIST
GENERAL APARTMENT
Make sure to clean the following:
All light switch and electrical outlet covers
All light fixtures: replace bulbs if needed
Ceiling fan blades and lights
All vinyl floors and all baseboards
All casings around all doors

KITCHEN

Clean inside all cupboards and polish outside
Clean all drawers
Clean Countertops
Clean windows and sills

Refrigerator
Defrost
Clean inside and out (include doors and shelves)
Clean rubber gaskets around both doors, wipe out crumbs
Remove front grill, clean floor and drip pan
After washing, shine door and top with Windex
Dishwasher
Clean inside trays and racks and outside of door, especially edges
Stove
Clean oven and trays. Polish when done
Clean under burners. Lift up stove top and clean chrome
Clean burner drip pans
Clean broiler pan and drawer. Remove broiler drawer and clean vinyl floor
Remove all knobs and clean
** IF YOU HAVE A SELF CLEANING OVEN DO NOT USE OVEN CLEANER **
Range Hood
Clean and wash filter
Clean and check light - replace bulb if needed
Floor and Sink
Mop and scrub floor and baseboard
Clean and shine chrome faucets and basin

DINING AREA
Clean heat registers and wall corners for dust and cobwebs
Windows, etc.. if applicable
Clean baseboards

LIVING ROOM
Clean heat registers
Clean walls and corners
Clean windows inside and sills
Clean baseboards
Dust blinds

CLOSETS
Clean bar and shelves
Clean woodwork and doors

SLIDING GLASS DOOR
Clean dirt from sliding door tracks
Vacuum screen
Clean window inside and outside

BEDROOM(S)
Clean ceiling, walls and heat registers
Dust blinds
Wash all windows inside and sills
Clean baseboards

BATHROOM(S)
Clean exhaust fan
Scrub floor and baseboard

Bathtub
Clean residue from doors and metal runs
Polish tub, doors, chrome and walls. Leave no residue - test with your hand.
Medicine Cabinet and Vanity
Clean inside shelves and mirror door track
Wash top of cabinet and inside
Stool, Sink, Towel Rack
Clean and shine stool completely (also around bowl)
Clean sink. Wash & shine chrome faucets & basin and polish countertop
Polish towel racks, soap dish, and toilet paper holder

DECK/PATIO/PORCH
Remove all items and sweep

HALLWAY
Clean and test smoke detector
Clean thermostat
Clean shelves in linen closet

CARPET
It is important to vacuum around the edges

GARAGE (if applicable)

STORAGE CLOSET

BASEMENT (if applicable)

#10 ·
I have found that when seeking out apartment complexes as well as realtors that it is much better to see them in person. My company does alot of "move out" cleans for realtors, before or after someone moves and when i first started doing these services I sent out letters, flyers and business cards. The problem was that most realtors that work under Remax, Century 21, seminon, and so one are independent and the actuall company pays for these services. With that being said they have on file a number of companies and they usually tend to choose the cheapest. But if you seek out them in person and give them a proposal they seem to be more willing to try you out even if they have to pay you themselves. After all they can file it on there taxes, or expense reports.

#13 ·
I have found that when seeking out apartment complexes as well as realtors that it is much better to see them in person. My company does alot of "move out" cleans for realtors, before or after someone moves and when i first started doing these services I sent out letters, flyers and business cards. The problem was that most realtors that work under Remax, Century 21, seminon, and so one are independent and the actuall company pays for these services. With that being said they have on file a number of companies and they usually tend to choose the cheapest. But if you seek out them in person and give them a proposal they seem to be more willing to try you out even if they have to pay you themselves. After all they can file it on there taxes, or expense reports.
You got that right! :censored:

#12 ·
guys

reward good behavior

I give cash to any estate agent that gives me work

other cleaners don't do this so who's he going call next time?

respect

Ian Harper
In the US realtors are governed by a written code of ethics. That would be a no-no for any agent worth his or her salt.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.