Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I got a new customer that I'm doing the paint and remodel for, and he has some black spots in the carpet, The previous tennat was a roofer. He dosen't want to remove carpet (Recommended by me)

How and whats the best method to remove this stain?

Thanks for your responses!

John

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
Hillyard carries a product called liquid gum go that will remove tar and chewing gum, etc from carpets

or you can follow these directions

TIPS FOR REMOVING ASPHALT & TAR: Stains caused by tar and similar substances as road oil, axle grease, asphalt, and pitch are similar and certian solvents are effective for them all. However, they are not easily removed, especially from cotton or other natural fabrics. Scrape off as much of the substance as possible, then follow the directions for "Greassy Stains." If traces remain, sponge with turpentine.
When wiping use a light, upward, brushing motion so that the stain will be rubbed out of the rug rather than into it. Change your cloth when it becomes soiled and continue until the stain is gone.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thnaks for the great response,

@Cleaning Superman where can you get this "Hel-Gel Orange"

I'm located in Sourthern Ontario Canada

·
Registered
11 Posts
Okay, I got a new customer that I'm doing the paint and remodel for, and he has some black spots in the carpet, The previous tennat was a roofer. He dosen't want to remove carpet (Recommended by me)

How and whats the best method to remove this stain?

Thanks for your responses!

John
The tips from the others are very good :thumbup:eek:nes. Another that I use is any of the citrus gum removers by esteam or prochem. Looks like sun tan lotion, works great.;)

·
Registered
111 Posts
For removing stain you have to make sure about tools and equipments which are very beneficial for remove the stain. There are pro solve gel,power gel and ARA is must required and apply it thoroughly through cleaning.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts