Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
keyword density is the percentage of keywords (words that people use when searching for you bussiness) in relation to the total number of words on your page.
OK but what is percentage range for a keyword???
I heard so many like some people are saying 3-8%, and some people are saying 4-8%. But is the exact value/percentage ??

·
Registered
41 Posts
google will change it's algorithms, and it also doesn't let anyone know exactly what their algorithms are, so most of what you hear is a guess.

my guess is that it depends on several factors including:

1 word, 2 word, or 3 word, key words
total page length
what words they are
if they make up a real sentence or not
size and color of the text
where in the page they are located.....

Make a good page with relevant content, and just keep in mind that you want to use words that people are searching for. It'll come out fine, and then you can tweak it a little later.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Values(percentages) are always variable since google is always changing their algorithms. Statistically speaking (from what I found on different other forums) too much is bad because google will penalize you for thin content (e.g. too many keywords and no useful info).

·
Registered
178 Posts
not really sure how much in % is considered spam these days but from what I've heard from some SEO friends, a 400 word content should only have 3-5 keywords in the body. anymore than that is not good for your site and you really have to be very careful not to get penalized for spamming. it will hurt your rankings and it's Google is quite hard to please so it's difficult to get back what you've lost.

·
Registered
23 Posts
You should also consider keyword variance. If you are trying to optimize for the phrase "carpet cleaning", you could have the phrase 'carpet cleaning" a couple of times, then have "cleaning carpets" once or twice, and then have "get your carpet cleaned", and a sentence containing the phrase " ... a clean carpet ..." etc.

You are more likely to get ranked well for the target phrase if you mix it up like that a bit, rather than just repeat the phrase "carpet cleaning" several times.

There are, of course, many other factors that the Google search engine considers. Keyword density is not considered to be as critical as it once was.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Jessical nailed it.
Here is a tool for you to checkout your kw density tools.seobook.com/general/keyword-density
I use that as well and it works like a charm. as for the SEO tip. Don't do SEO if you're not really sure how it works. Trust me, it's a lot more complicated than spamming keyworks and placing links all over the interwebs.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Keyword Density is the percentage of occurrence of your keywords to the text in the rest of your webpage.It is important for your main keywords to have the correct keyword density to rank well in Search Engines.Keyword density is the percentage of times a keyword or phrase appears on a web page compared to the total number of words on the page.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Key word density is very important, as mentioned above... be careful not to 'keyword stuff' as Google frowns upon this techniquie and actually does more harm than good

·
Registered
111 Posts
Keywords are not that complicated,here is a simple rule that you can use to 1.find a keyword and use it without getting yourself into trouble.

The only free keyword tool that seems to still be free is google keyword tool.
You can sign up for free,but they want you to have a website to sign up-don't worry that does not mean you will have to advertise,but they want the address (the url) to your site.
However now you can use the keyword tool.

Ok-so if you have a site go to google keyword tool and sign up
Now.
start searching for keywords-theres a box there to enter keywords that you want to use
make sure for this that you have keyword selected at the top of the page
Alright,the results are listed-if you see a number that is below 1000-it's total junk,because there are not enough searches in a month,so forget that keyword it's worthless to you.
The sweet spot amount of searches is 1000-to about 4500.
Do not go getting all excited when you see numbers of 12000- 225,000.It is WAY TOO MUCH competition and you and your budding business will never get found.
What you are looking for is the sweet spot-find those keywords and people WILL FIND YOU.
Now this next part is extremely important.
When you find your sweet spot keyword
1.Use it in the title of your page-VERY IMPORTANT
2.Use it in the first sentence of the paragraph that you will write for that page.VERY IMPORTANT
3.If you have a photo on that page-name the photo the keyword.VERY IMPORTANT.
Use the keyword a maximum of I would say 4 times on the page.If you decide to add more.Google considers it keyword stuffing and your page
will get pushed to the side.DO NOT KEYWORD STUFF!!!!!
So...

example-and you will see why I wrote this short paragraph.I do think 2-3 paragraphs is much better.Get into the short article and weave in the KEYWORD and a bit about whatever the subject is...

title:Carpet Cleaning Denver had keyword search of 1000.House cleaning denver only had 590 (lousy)

Carpet cleaning Denver,are you looking for carpet cleaning in Denver?
Well your fingers have led you to the right place as we here at XYZ company are your number one
stop for "Carpet Cleaning Denver"
We are expert at tough stain removal,pet odor removal and crime scene carpet cleaning.

We have an excellent reputation in the Denver area and are happy to provide references for your inspection.
Since 1988 we are the number one stop for Carpet Cleaning Denver.We take great pride in our work and our reputation
which is why we offer a money back guarantee if you are unsatisfied for any reason.

I know what you are thinking-that sounds a bit stupid,but that folks is keywords,there will be times when it just does not sound perfectly correct,and yes you can change it any way you like,but you will not get found for those keywords.
You must use the actual keywords that people are using...that's it...period...accept it.

There can be a HUGE difference between cleaner and say cleaners-singular or plural can make or break a keywords value.

USE THE KEYWORD AS IT IS!

p.s.I was an over the top,multiple six figure profitable successful cleaning contractor for 35+ years.I offer consulting and coaching lessons for those in the cleaning business or other service oriented business.If you'd like to work with me,I can be found at the link below...
http://selz.co/1CK1Nua

1 - 20 of 43 Posts