Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone ... Please help...

So...this is really annoying me...

I'm sure there have been many posts about this but nothing has worked for us.

Picture 1.. perfectly clean shower door.

Picture 2... Glass door that the shower water hits.. arghhhh.. so annoying.

We have tried everything... any idea..??

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have already answered to one question really similar to yours. So, my aunt has a glass shower door that are always (and I really mean it), always clean! So, I know how hard it is to keep that door clean and shiny and asked her for her secret. She actually make some mixture and cleans door with it. In the bottle of water add a juice of one lemon, lemontus powder (you can buy it in any supermarket) and sodium bicarbonate. Spray your door with this mixture and rinse after a few minutes. Your shower door will be clean for sure!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Cleaning services provided by Maids Prime include customized local residential and commercial <a href="https://maidsprime.com">cleaning services in DC</a>, Maryland, and Virginia at best prices. Maids Prime offers a variety of cleaning services that are 100% customized to your needs and provide 100% satisfaction guarantee.
Do you need a house or an apartment cleaning, one-time cleaning service, moving in or moving out cleaning service? We are the best people for the job! Select the best local cleaning service you need and take back your precious time!

·
Registered
731 Posts
I dont know either. Neat idea!

Yes, this issue has been discussed her a lot. And no one seems to have the definitive answer, maybe because water in YOUR area is slightly different in the minerals it contains. What is working best for me now is a mixture of plain white vinegar, lemon juice and water. I spray it on, and let it sit for a while, as I do other things in the bathroom. I use a Magic Eraser to scrub the stinky vinegar stuff off. Then spray on ordinary ammonia based glass cleaner and wipe it down with a clean lint free cloth.

I am always open to new ideas for this problem!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have had shower doors like this...I use "the works" it's actually a toliet cleaner, however works great on cleaning up calcium or water spots. Do NOT let it sit on chrome for very long as it will discolor it. But it literally eats thru calcium and water spots.

·
Registered
45 Posts
When the water on the door die, I wipe it with a dry cloth. Yes, you have to spend a few minutes on it, but it's worth it. I used to have a similar problem with bathroom Windows. They constantly misted up after someone took a shower. Nothing helped in solving this problem. On the Internet, I found a life hack that says that if you smear glass with shaving foam, it will stop sweating. This method only worked with a mirror, but it didn't work with a window. The only solution to this problem was to change the window. We have been choosing a company that will help us in solving this issue for a long time, and in the end we chose ecochoicewindows.ca since they have the highest quality Windows we could find.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I understand you I had the same situation that I have repeatedly encountered. I changed my glass door in the bathroom three times, and each time this situation happened to it. There is no way to get rid of this, you need to take a door from other material. I tried different ways to get rid of it, but nothing helped. Then I decided to order another door at DoorDesignLab. I have a new door for half a year and I have never faced any problems, and all because of the good material. You should consider buying a new door.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I have had good results with Sorbo Hard Water Residue Remover. Read and Follow label directions. I cleaned a badly stained window which had lots of rain water spots and Sorbo Powder cleaned up the window nicely.
Brad BD Janitorial

1 - 13 of 13 Posts