Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.
I have an account that is a small office with a shared bathroom with another office. In the women's restroom, on the under side of the toilet seat are stains that I cannot get out. They appear to have been made by blood. I can get them quite a bit lighter but when I go back in the next day, they are back.

I have tried peroxide, bleach, toilet bowl cleaner, simple green.

Does anyone have any other ideas as to what I can try on this seat?

Thank you in advance for any advice you have.

Tammy
TLC Cleaning Services

·
Registered
255 Posts
In order to clean stain form toilet seat, I would say you can use toilet cleaner for daily cleaning of the toilet but make sure you wear gloves, while cleaning. White vinegar or lemon juice will do the trick. But if you hire professional cleaner, I can say you will get optimal output. This way you can keep your toilet sanitary and shining. Keep sharing.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've never had blood stain a toilet seat though - usually it just washes off because of the sealed surface. May be peroxide can work. Nurses use it for removing blood stains from the cloth. But all these don't seem to work out for you. Try soaking the seat in a solution of bleach and water and then scrub it off. And with the peroxide, pour it on a linen and leave it on the stains for some time.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Some toilet seats get mold that keeps coming back, caked in dirt, etc. and replacing the seat is usually the best option. Seats get old and gross and need to be replaced from time to time. Vinegar as many have said is probably a great start. You could try a magic eraser, too (spot test first). Peroxide is another good option as folks have said. The other thing I can think to help is baking soda. Let it set with water for a few minutes, then see if you can scrub it off with a sponge or brillo pad or something.

Hope you get it taken care of!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts