Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone.

Stewart here. A question I have here starting out is when dealing with small offices at what point should I begin to hire employees. I have 1 contract that my wife and I clean twice a week, but I'm looking to grow the business. I work FT at a day job, so I can't work all through the night b/c I have to get up early.

So I wondered should I wait till I can land a larger account that requires cleaning every night and has a higher monthly return before I look for help or should I just keep doing smaller accounts to build up my client base and cash flow and then hire help.

My business plan in the next 5 years is to have 4 large commercial accounts that require cleaning 5 days a week and at that point I will have employees. But I am ready to start growing just don't know if I can handle the work load by myself or the extra overhead so early in the business.

Any advice?

Thank you,
Stewart*Chicago

·
Registered
620 Posts
Start with multiple small accounts for two reasons. One your eggs aren't all in one basket and two, you will have more success selling a new company to smaller businesses. Start by yourself. It will be very hectic with a full time job. You will be stressed out over trying to get customers, doing estimates, performing the work, figuring out pricing and doing paperwork. It is going to sem like expenses never end. This is normal for the first year in business. You will make practically nothing your first year. But if you endure those times, work your buns off, and work with the highest integrity, things will take off for you by the thrid year. You will know when you need employees. Make sure you doa ll your homework.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts