• Steam Mop

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I have been thinking about saving time cleaning house and am looking to upgrade the mops and vacuum at home, especially with the current work at home situation,

I am not sure what to get between wet jet and steam mops :ROFLMAO:

My biggest fear is to buy something that would not suit my flooring or not be worth the investment. I also don't want to buy something that will require a lot of maintenance afterwards.

I saw a good article on this subject Swiffer Wet Jet vs Steam Mop - Steam Mops Work - Buy Swiffer WetJet

What do you recommend for general purpose use?

Best Regards

·
Registered
235 Posts
Roberta, my 1st question would be what type of flooring are going to use the steam mop or swiffer jet on?
I bought 1 steam mop a few years back and was very disappointed with it. The steam mop mostly spewed out hot water and very little steam.
Some flooring such as vinyl plank recommends using Neutral Cleaner such as Bona for Laminate Floors and NOT to use steam or swiffer jet type of cleaners.
I have a small commercial steam cleaner cost was around 600-700.00. Works good on some flooring but doesn't clean tile & grout very well. The unit comes with a grout cleaning tool but the tool is small and can only clean 1 grout line at a time and is slow vs a deck brush which can clean several grout lines at a time (depending on tile size)and is much faster.
Brad Bd Janitorial

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts