Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!
I run a commercial cleaning business and the one thing I struggle with is a good, workable system, for keeping my keys and alarm codes in order.

I have everything locked up, labeled only with a key tag # and the "list" stored in a separate area...but it just seems like there should be an easier way.

When I'm out on a job, I'm looking for a way to have the alarm codes on me without it being a security issue, in case one was (god-forbid!) lost or stolen. Also, with so many different alarms, I'd like to be able to reference how to disarm a certain alarm without sweating!

What system do you all use?

Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
177 Posts
For keys I have a key locker with a digital lock. For alarm codes I keep them in my phone in an encrypted folder. It might seem like a bad idea but I have my phone tied in an I.D. strap so I practically wear it on my neck all the time. I haven't had any of my keys or a phone stolen from me so far so It works for me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I use to write alarm codes on a wall that was close enough with a (invisible ink) blacklight pen. Then I would use a tiny blacklight to search for it. Of course you could write it on the back of the tag with the UV pen as well :)

·
Registered
122 Posts
I keep keys in 2 key boxes in my office. Each key has a tag with a number. That way if a key is lost, it is # 25, no other ID.

Intrusion alarms are a problem, usually because of lack of maintenance. I prefer to have my own access code. That way the owner knows when we have been in and when we left. Each crew leader should have a phone number of the owner, a responsible employee, someone they can call if the alarm cannot be reset. The code and process need to be written down and in possession of the employee. I have one customer where I have my access number, the owners access number, and the employee's access number. Sometimes, because of lack of maintancence, the alarm still goes off. Just make sure all the lights are on, call dispatch. Give dispatch info on what company vehicle you have and where it is parked, your phone number, and keep working. If the cops show up, let them in, give them your ID and CCW permit. If the cops show up in an unmarked vehicle and not in uniform, do not let them in until you have called dispatch. Then next day visit your client and discuss how you are going to prevent the problem. Some jurisdictions charge enormous fees for unwanted alarms. If your people made a mistake, pay for it. if the codes were changed or inoperative, not your problem.

·
Registered
8 Posts
i keep the alarm codes on google drive so I can access them through my phone.
The keys are left unmarked but me and my employees know which one is which.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts