Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
You want to lose any urge to eat out?
Work in a business where you regularly call on restaurants and spend time in the kitchens.
:sick:
I used to work in a few kitchens...Ugh! Thanks for reminding me.

You want to never eat meat again? Work in a meat department for a while...I was a meat cutter for a few years too. I could tell you some stories about how rotting meat was "salvaged". LOL

·
Registered
96 Posts

You want to never eat meat again? Work in a meat department for a while...I was a meat cutter for a few years too. I could tell you some stories about how rotting meat was "salvaged". LOL
Whoa.....stop right there.We have reached the point of too much information.

·
Registered
620 Posts

I remember as a kid we had a butcher shop in my area that was caught using bleach on ground meat to make it look fresh and red.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I remember as a kid we had a butcher shop in my area that was caught using bleach on ground meat to make it look fresh and red.
There were many many pork shoulder roasts we sold after cutting off the outer 1/2" of rotting meat...

Washed many a whole chicken too to get the funk off of them too...

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I can ruin your barbacue with some pictures of what I found at a big name restaurant. When the cooks leave for the night the you know what come out to play. Kind of like a bop the mole game through the plastic.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I used to lease grease filters to one of the most popular Chinese restaurants in my area. My in-laws LOVED it.
Not only was it filthy, but they had about 200 cats that lived in a separate old house in back of the restaurant and always had several 50 lb bags of cat food on the back porch of the restaurant.

I don't think I ever saw the same cat twice.
:sick:

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
There were many many pork shoulder roasts we sold after cutting off the outer 1/2" of rotting meat...

Washed many a whole chicken too to get the funk off of them too...
Bet you smelt lovely when you went home, or what about lunch time in the 90 Deg heat?

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Lou, welcome to the site!

Thanks for taking the time to register and post on our new site. I hope you enjoy it.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts