Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As Giles Coren of the London Times so eloquently stated “Drinkers of bottled water are the new smokers.”

Coren was a food critic in London and has been a strong supporter for tap water by reducing his restaurant ratings if he didn’t get offered tap water before bottled water.

“Mineral water is a preposterous vanity. It is flown and shipped around the world… it is bottled in glass that is mostly thrown away and is stupidly heavy to freight, or in plastic which never, ever, decomposes and just goes to landfills….”
“From the restaurants’ point of view it is just a clipping system. It’s more free money. The mark-ups are bigger even than they are on wine. You’ll pay £4 to £5 in most posh London restaurants for stuff no different, no different at all, from what you brushed your teeth in that morning (not leaving the tap on while doing so, I hope). The result is billions of unnecessary food miles, nonbiodegradable waste, millions of tonnes of greenhouse gases, more urban pollution, hell in a handcart.”

We really couldn’t say it better ourselves.
Times UK original article

If you’ve watched us put Vancouver’s tap water on a pedestal in this week’s Green Globe Tips video, and you’re a little skeptical, here is our source

And for the informative video that inspired us to blog about the evils of bottled water, click here

We won’t be intimidated to request tap water at any restaurant, and we hope you’ll make the effort to enjoy what we are so incredibly lucky to have.
Stay Green!

To view more post.Go here. @ http://www.overtimebm.com

·
Registered
26 Posts
Tap water quality varies, based on where you live. I have a water filter that I attached to the faucet. Th water is clean, good tasting and maybe healthier than some of the bottles water brands.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Anytime you have something sitting in plastic for weeks during shipping, on the beds of trucks, exposed to heat from the sun...you're gonna have a bad time.

While I agree that in some areas it is the necessary due to poor tap water quality, it certainly should be understood that there are real dangers if you're not careful.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Since Man has been on earth he has been polluting (trash and wastes), tampering with genes (GMO), playing with radiation (Mass Destruction). All this has an effect on our health and surroundings, like water. As the Bible says, Man is getting weaker and wiser. Because of what we have done, we have become weaker than our ancestors. Yep, plastics have messed up our hormones. Humans have become among the most infertile of all mammals. It would help if each family had a reverse osmosis filter in their house, but there is one thing better. Each time you take a drink, thank God for it and ask him to bless it. It will make the biggest difference.

·
Registered
19 Posts
This one is a headscratcher. For a long time, I would have said tapped water because bottled water was considered by many to be ripoff. Then, when this current crisis and the Flint MI scandal came into play, I changed my mind. Although, now I heard of studies that indicate that the plastic containing, don't quote me on it, the water in many bottles can be carcinogenic. I would just buy a water filter for the faucet and rely on tap. You can tell I am indecisive.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts