Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on starting my office/residential cleaning business a month from now. One thing that I can't figure out is how should I handle taxes. When I charge a client should I include taxes in the price? Also if they pay in cash should I just log the payment in quicken books (or any accounting software) then report my earnings to the IRS at the end of the year?

I really want to be 100 percent legit and above board. Some people want to create a job but I want to create a business.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Lol....I said the same thing when I started. Then I got a taste of all of the self-employment tax, etc, blah blah blah. ; ) Anyway, I think sales tax varies per state, I have to charge it and pay every 6 months. My advice: keep a savings account to keep it separate. I would get QuickBooks or some accounting program to help log your earnings, expenses, etc.....some will also keep track of the sales tax for you. You can download free programs from the internet.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I got told to always chg salestax as a seprate item on the invoce cuz its easier to keep trak of when it comes time for you to pay the state.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts