Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the ladies I clean for leaves the door to the garage unlocked and I have a key to get in the house.

Today I got there and the door was locked to the garage.

What do you do when this happens?
Thanks
Abbey

·
Registered
383 Posts
One of the ladies I clean for leaves the door to the garage unlocked and I have a key to get in the house.

Today I got there and the door was locked to the garage.

What do you do when this happens?
Thanks
Abbey
A few things...

I have a "lockout" policy that states we can charge up to the entire fee for cleaning in the case of a lockout. If you don't have one in writing, get one! At minimum, we charge $50 for a lockout.

Secondly, I would have tried to call the client and see if they could come unlock the door.

Did your key not work on any of the doors and is keyed only for the inside garage door?

Just let the client know that you were unable to gain entry to the inside door and reschedule if you can. Otherwise, get that policy in place ASAP and get your clients to sign off on it.

Take care,
Torrey

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
I pretty much agree with tailormaid.

The first lock out we normally consider an accident and use that experience as an opportunity to re-educate the client as to our policy.
Any lock outs after that are charged our lock out fee (full rate - because we obviously had to come to the home in good faith to find out that we were locked out) We do attempt to call our clients emergency numbers prior to leaving to see if they can either come to let us in or suggest another route into the home.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts