Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner

The Music Game

57130 Views 534 Replies 36 Participants Last post by  rickrock
This is a game that ProWallGuy started on ContractorTalk.com a few months ago and it has been a lot of fun so I thought I would try it here. The Contractor Talk game has over 1100 posts so far and is still going, we will see what we can do with it. It’s easy to play, everyone can do it.

The rules are simple:

Post the title of a song, and the artist. It must contain 1 word that the previous post (song title) contained. Song titles count, artist names don't. A song/artist combo can only be used once.

Example: (from PWG)

Post 1. Rock The Casbah - The Clash

Post 2. Like A Rock - Bob Seger

Post 3. Walk Like A Man - Grand Funk Railroad

Post 4. It's A Man's World - James Brown

Post 5. A World OF Fantasy - Triumph

Etc etc. Easy, right. Generally words like it, and, the, of, don't count, but sometimes that is all you can work with, so be it. Try to refrain from using one-word titles, like Guilty - Gravity Kills, because it really puts a crimp on the next guy. Let's see how this plays out.

I’ll start:

Before These Crowded Streets - Dave Matthews Band

:jester:
See less See more
1 - 20 of 535 Posts
This is a game that ProWallGuy started on ContractorTalk.com a few months ago and it has been a lot of fun so I thought I would try it here. The Contractor Talk game has over 1100 posts so far and is still going, we will see what we can do with it. It’s easy to play, everyone can do it.

The rules are simple:

Post the title of a song, and the artist. It must contain 1 word that the previous post (song title) contained. Song titles count, artist names don't. A song/artist combo can only be used once.

Example: (from PWG)

Post 1. Rock The Casbah - The Clash

Post 2. Like A Rock - Bob Seger

Post 3. Walk Like A Man - Grand Funk Railroad

Post 4. It's A Man's World - James Brown

Post 5. A World OF Fantasy - Triumph

Etc etc. Easy, right. Generally words like it, and, the, of, don't count, but sometimes that is all you can work with, so be it. Try to refrain from using one-word titles, like Guilty - Gravity Kills, because it really puts a crimp on the next guy. Let's see how this plays out.

I’ll start:

Before These Crowded Streets - Dave Matthews Band

:jester:
can you eliminate a letter like street instead of streets
Yes, just as post #3 and #4 do in the example.
Dream On - Aerosmith
dream warriors-dokken
OK, somebody really likes hair bands and the word 'dream'.
:huh:

I Have a Dream- 7 Seconds
"Love Child"-Diana Ross & The Supremes

By the way, I used to manage a music store. This is gonna take a while. :yes:
"Another Day"-DJ Encore featuring Engelina
"Had a Bad Day", that gay song they'd play at the end of AmericanIdol
Bad to the Bone ---George Thorogood & The Destroyers
Givin' The Dog a Bone, AC/DC

kneel before Zod:)
Them Bones, Alice In CHains :)

(NATHAN: ...am I supposed to wait for someone else? Sorry if I jumped the gun. I like games, and I'm bored:))
Us and them - Pink Floyd

(Jon - yea... its best to wait. Last person to post an original song title wins bragging rights)
Yeah, you gotta wait.
Especially since you took my answer.

So now it's:

"Dirty Old Egg-Suckin' Dog"- Johnny Cash
1 - 20 of 535 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.