Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A current issue needing to be resolved is tracking POs.

There is such a high volume of POs that the old manager just would hand them out blank :)blink: ) and then have to match up receipts with PO numbers. The problem is that my husband doesn't always know what receipts go with what PO because he isn't doing the purchasing, his team is.

I of course had several thoughts on this.

-NEVER give out blank POs
-make the team accountable for matching receipts and PO numbers

He said the volume is too high to have to approve each and every PO (he said it would increase his daily phone calls by 60) and that while he understands the team should keep track of the receipts and POs, he needs a system to compensate for their NOT doing so.

I think he should just step up the accountability but what do I know?

Anyway, do you have a system in place for POs? Right now he has a log book which has the PO #s listed and which team member has it. :unsure:

·
Registered
24 Posts
One Idea from the supplier side

Most major suppliers offer online ordering systems. These systems virtually let you into their main frame and you view everything from your individual pricing, inventory available, invoice history, and even your cost per sq. ft. by job for each function ie carpet cleaning, floor care ect.
The other features are the ability for your supervisors to place orders in two ways.
1 directly with the supplier either using a money control (budget) or not.
2 all orders are automaticly sent to you for approval first, you enter the po number and press send, DONE
This is brief I know and they do much more including ap etc.
All at no cost to you.
Randy

1 - 2 of 2 Posts