Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wandering what kind of vacuums do u use for residential ?
I have one bissell (to big and heavy) and the other backpack vac made by hover. I'm looking to get one vacuum , strong suction for carpets and wood floors, I research and looks like maybe MIELE OLIMPUS?or ORECK?:blink:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maid to Shine, Thank you again to respond for my post :)
I have a shark and the carpets looks good and not happy about the wood floors. Which model do you use?
My clients are always crazy abt wood floors, and also so concern about scratches...do u have clients like that?Some of them wanted make sure the vacuum is safe..this is why I stopped using bissell.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was considering that exactly option, however I was reading it last only 25 min and then needs to be charge again, can i charge it in my car?And also looks like this dustcup maybe a little bit small I wonder how fast is this feeling.Most of my houses are really big.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I don't understand using a vacuum without attachments for residential (Oreck). I love how light it is...light and powerful is where it's at...but I feel I cannot do an effective job without attachments (how do you edge vac the carpet?).

I loved, loved, loved the Miele canister vac I got to use at a client's house who had 2 super shedding English Bulldogs and laminate floors throughout. It really picked up the dog hair like a champ and it didn't create a lot of noise doing it. If a vacuum can effectively pick up pet hair, those stupid little plastic things that attach the price tags to your clothes, and popcorn kernels, well then, you've got yourself a winner (that's just a general statement). As for the Miele, obviously you have to weigh the cost of the initial purchase, replacing the bags, and hauling the canister and all the gear in.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I was using an electrolux Sanitiare which was great for floors and carpets, and it was small. The motor burned out after 5 years, I bought another one and had lots of problems with it. Then, I bought a shark; it's not great on floors, and bagless is a pain in the butt to empty all the time! 2 weeks ago, I bought a Sebo Felix. It cost $615 after taxes, but so far it is worth it! :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Atachments in residentional is a must, and this is the reason why I didn't get orek too. Milie looks like awsome vac but so expensive so finally I got shark rotator profrssional and so far so good I paid only 200$ has lot's of attachments and is really powerful. There is couple things I would change abt this vac but nothing big for this price I have no complains so far.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Shark Professional

Atachments in residentional is a must, and this is the reason why I didn't get orek too. Milie looks like awsome vac but so expensive so finally I got shark rotator profrssional and so far so good I paid only 200$ has lot's of attachments and is really powerful. There is couple things I would change abt this vac but nothing big for this price I have no complains so far.
I've had the opportunity to use the Shark Professional as well. It's very versatile and I really did like it, although it could stand to be a pound or 2 lighter (I think 10 lbs +/- is the ideal range for a light vac). If I had $200 and change to invest in a vac, I would go for it. I personally like the visual of using a canister vac. I don't care that I have to empty it more frequently.

If I am not using a client's vac as they prefer/request, I break out my Hoover Nano. Always good to have a back up in the car anyway. I give it about 3-1/2 stars--it's pretty light, functional, decent power, I can wash the filters and clean it easily overall, it has some basic attachments, and doesn't have a super cheap feel like some other vacs I've tried/worked with. The crevice tool is 'built in' (sometimes I love or hate that), but it works fine overall for an under $60 vac. It's been over a year since I bought it and I've haven't had to replace it either.

I've used the bigger and small Dysons and I don't consider them light by my standards. I've had clients that rock the Kirby's and I REFUSE to use those lead behemoths. Those things are RIDICULOUS and look straight out of the 50's. People try to re-sell them for big bucks on Craigslist, too. Frankly, you couldn't pay ME to take one of those off your hands. I definitely dream of a Miele though. Wish I had one for my house.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Sebo looks nice

I was using an electrolux Sanitiare which was great for floors and carpets, and it was small. The motor burned out after 5 years, I bought another one and had lots of problems with it. Then, I bought a shark; it's not great on floors, and bagless is a pain in the butt to empty all the time! 2 weeks ago, I bought a Sebo Felix. It cost $615 after taxes, but so far it is worth it! :D
Thanks for the recommendation on the Sebo Felix. I looked it up online and it looks super interesting and multi-functional as well. I would love to give that thing a test drive. Had pretty good reviews on Amazon.com and they have a short video on it as well. Those Germans apparently know how to make really good (and expensive) vacuums (hail Sebo + Miele)!

·
Registered
957 Posts
We always used the Bissell BAGGED vacuums. If you put them on a scale they are lighter than almost all others when empty except 1. And once the bag is full it is still MUCH less weight than an Oreck when it is full. When an Oreck's big ol' bag gets full it weighs a ton compared to the bagged Bissell. Being a former professional carpet cleaner I understand how carpet works and the whole concept about it unlike most others who haven't been trained. But honestly, most vacuums are so close in quality, it is what ever you prefer to use. I always wanted my girls to us the lightest vacuums I could find so that is the reason we used Bissell. And, they have such great suction.

·
Registered
189 Posts
There are many different kinds of residential vacuums on the market. Get one that will not only do a good cleaning job but that will allow a healthy atmosphere as well.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts