Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a consistently reliable data source for indexing VCT Floor Care costs by location nationwide? By ‘indexing’ I mean, for example, if St. Louis, MO were at the national average cost for floor care, then St. Louis =1.0….New York, NY = 2.2….Los Angeles, CA = 2.5….Memphis, TN = 0.75….etc…(these are all just hypothetical examples of course).
I’m in Store Operations Mgmt at the corp. office of a Fortune 500 retail co. and I’m in charge of setting our Floor Care budget for each store nationwide. I have access to our company data such as customer foot-traffic, etc. that would impact a store’s need for more floor care, but I’m trying to find a way to ‘index’ our nationwide stores to take into account all of the other variables that impact the cost of floor care (weather, near beaches, etc, etc, …) Thanks to All for any input!!

11 Posts
The best way to "accurately" accomplish a benchmark for the different floor care rates in different locations is to get 3 bids from local cleaning companies for each of the cities you have a store in, and average the 3 bids out. This way you will have better information than any outdated "guide".

Best of luck!
http://www.full-service-janitorial.com/dallas-janitor-service.html

1 - 2 of 2 Posts