Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey i get to first the post deck pic:clap:

This is a 4yr.old PT deck we cleaned today stripped/bleach/brightend.It had some failing Behr stain and tons of mildew.I'm gonna stain later in the week W/Bakers Gray Away before we stat getting some rain OH BOY!

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How much sandpaper? Or sanding sponges? :whistling2:

Thanks Dave :thumbup:

Yeah tell me about huh i would still be there right now working under the lights!:laughing:

It was actually a scary day my new unloader i just replaced a few weeks ago starting leaking agian!

I was able to finish the job but now she has to go back in the shop hopefully for not too long!!

·
353 Posts
Thanks Dave :thumbup:

Yeah tell me about huh i would still be there right now working under the lights!:laughing:

It was actually a scary day my new unloader i just replaced a few weeks ago starting leaking again.
For those that don't know much about Shane, his wood restoration work is absolutely incredible......The man knows his stuff!

Great job as always, Shane! :thumbsup:

Speaking of unloaders, last week mine stuck and blew up from the pressure build-up. I was standing over it at the time and got a nice 3000 psi blast to the face and one of my eyes. Looking back, it's kind've funny now but it could've been bad. :blink:

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How many hours did that job talk and is there a lot more to the deck than what is pictured?
Drove up to the house at 10:30 a.m and loaded up the equipment 2:30 p.m.So i would say total cleaning time was about 3 hours.

That's about all of the deck it was pretty simple and easy

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
For those that don't know much about Shane, his wood restoration work is absolutely incredible......The man knows his stuff!

Great job as always, Shane! :thumbsup:

Speaking of unloaders, last week mine stuck and blew up from the pressure build-up. I was standind over it at the time and got a nice 3000 psi blast to the face and one of my eyes. Looking back, it's kind've funny now but it could've been bad. :blink:

Thanks Don you making me blush! ;)

I didn't have pressure build up/ loss or anything.It's just when i pulled the trigger the water started leaking from the bottom of the pump.I saw a little water trickling down the unloader.

3000 psi blast in the face Don that can't be fun bu give you a new hair style :laughing:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Nice work. Kinda surprised they didn't ask you to do the fence in the background after seeing your deck skills.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nice work. Kinda surprised they didn't ask you to do the fence in the background after seeing your deck skills.

Well i priced the fence but they were looking to not spend a bunch of $$ now.They are also looking to sell the house in a few months and didn't really want to invest in cleaning and sealing the fence at this time.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts