Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have been using Dupont Teflon. We like that we use a brand that is known by the customers.

We don't sell a lot of protector. We don't believe in pressure sales. If we see a situation, where protector might be beneficial to the customer then we sill suggest it ti them.

I remember a few years ago when they pulled 3M scotchgard off the shelf because of Perfluorooctanol. Some people were aware of this and asked if we used the 3M product. We assured them that the Dupont brand didn't contain it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
protectors

:thumbup: We use DuPont protector also. It has worked very well for us on the big stuff like ball rooms, conference rooms, or break rooms. Making the next cleaning easier.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Carpets aren't really in my scope but before I inherited the business, I'm pretty sure my old folks used green guard w/c worked for them just fine. Are there any significant "side-effects" we should know about when using products with Perfluorooctanol? I think I saw some 3M Scotchgard in a local store the other day. Anyways, I use green guard most of the time but when they are not available, I use DuPont for my carpet but those are a bit more expensive.

-Paul

·
Registered
54 Posts
Green Guard

I have been using green guard for several years and it's an excellent product. There are not too many companies in Canada that I know of that use it, other than us.
The green guard is a encap based protector, right? Pretty good price on it too if I am thinking of the same product? Maybe I will give it a try.

·
Registered
39 Posts
You should use carpet waterproof spray and green guard to protect carpet. If you want to select a carpet cleaner spray, then keep good tips in mind because all the cleaners are not good. That means cleaning way is wrong. !! Jeananne cleaning services

1 - 20 of 23 Posts