Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What Carpet Cleaning Solution provides best results for you?
I have been using a product by Steam Genie called "Deluxe Super Clean" it's a Powder Emulsifier, and seems to work well for me. I haven't had any issues with it.
Recently I tried a product called "odoban" it's a liquid concentrate you can buy at "HOME D***T" but it seems to leave the carpeting stiff after it dries, Do you think I should use less than directed or try a different product completely
Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
In my experience, the cleaner isn't the most vital thing. The actual cleaning machine is of greater importance. As for the stiffness you've mentioned, I suggest adding a tad bit of fabric softener to the product, if you're otherwise happy with the result. You can always make a detergent work, you cannot do that with your carpet cleaning machine.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I was quite impressed while I was going through this thread. When considering carpet cleaning frequency, you should consider how much you are getting traffic. I also have some couple of thoughts on this topic. Although, there are several methods of carpet cleaning like hot water extraction aka steam cleaning, dry cleaning, Dry foam shampoo and Rotary extraction, is a wonderful way to clean soil and dust from carpet. Etc. Instead of using chemicals, detergent or any harmful chemicals, you can use green cleaning products for this work as this products can keep the environment clean. Choosing green cleaning products and materials for this work it is safe for you and your environment.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I think before you consider what carpet cleaning solution to use, you should first consider the type of your carpet and it's condition. This is just my opinion but as for me what product to use may not be very important but what materials to use with the product. I have read an article of effective DIY carpet cleaning ideas that surprisingly works.

·
Registered
64 Posts
After doing an online research I chose Carpet cleaning nyc for my spring cleaning, setting up a time was fairly easy and quick. When Miguel and Dave arrived I knew I made the right choice. The team showed up on time even wore shoe covers. The work was done in a very meticulous and professional maner, our 2 rugs and mattress look great almost as good as new, I am very happy with carpet cleaning nyc and with Miguel I will be using them again for all my future needs.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Ingredients

• 1 Gallon of Hot Water (using of filtered cold water is fine if you have a carpet extractor with built-in heater)

• 1 ½ Tablespoons of Distilled White Vinegar

• ¼ Cup of 3% Hydrogen Peroxide

• 1 Tablespoon of Dawn (or any other dish soap)

• 5-6 drops of Lemon Essential Oil (optional, only for the fragrance)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Many ways you can clean the carpet but I would suggest you can use shampoo for cleaning the carpets. It's a great way to get a much deeper clean the vacuuming and it extends the life of your carpet.

Best,
Jose Ramos

·
Registered
47 Posts
I always used Baking Soda and Vinegar for carpet cleaning, coz both are natural cleaner and gives instant and effective results. And sometimes I used carpet care chemical like carpet and rug shampoo, deodorisers for carpet cleaning.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts