Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have an allergy that never ends when seasons change, you may be allergic to the spores of molds or other fungi. Molds live everywhere, and disturbing a mold source can disperse the spores into the air.
Mold and mildew are fungi. They differ from plants or animals in how they reproduce and grow. The "seeds," called spores, are spread by the wind outdoors and by air indoors. Some spores are released in dry, windy weather. Others are released with the fog or dew when humidity is high
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Mold allergies have always been a serious problem for many people. Research in the field of environmental health has yielded tests such as the MELISA assay, which is capable of identifying whether or not a person is allergic to specific epitopes associated with any particular mold. If a person is found to be allergic, the remedies listed below are often helpful in reducing allergic reaction.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
50 Posts
I read you post. This is informative and helpful...
All of us are exposed to some mold every day with no bad effects. We may breathe in mold spores that are present in the air or eat foods in which mold has begun to grow. People with mold allergies, however, may have a reaction if exposed to too much of the fungus.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Mold allergies have always been a serious problem for many people. Research in the field of environmental health has yielded tests such as the MELISA assay, which is capable of identifying whether or not a person is allergic to specific epitopes associated with any particular mold. If a person is found to be allergic, the remedies listed below are often helpful in reducing allergic reaction.
Thanks for the information! It was really helpful :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
121 Posts
Mold has well-known associations with human disease. People can develop fungal infections of various types, especially those with poorly functioning immune systems. Fungi are also known to produce toxins, which have been blamed for causing various diseases.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
very true! i was sick for a whole year due to the mold in my old house and never knew what was wrong for me, after the move- it was like night and day for me. much better.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
252 Posts
Your ideas are really appreciable; you can add more to your ideas as I also have some related ideas. Mold prevention is very important for maintaining good indoor air quality. Moderate to severe mold inside a home usually only occurs when water is leaking for a long time, or water damage is left to fester for long periods. While many people will only notice a few symptoms when it comes to their health, it’s basic symptoms like these that will be exacerbated. I have been in the same business for many years now and can understand the grave consequences that it can cause if remediation is not done at the earliest.Nice sharing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
My brother gets it all of the time and it's a pain.
His fingers swallow pretty bad and it's painful.
He was prescribed some drugs but he;s still pretty sensitive to mold.
Keep mold at bay because it can become a nightmare fast!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
731 Posts
I live in a very humid place where storms are frequent. Hurricanes are fairly common in Florida and also afternoon thunderstorms in the summer. Mold can be a problem. If one keeps a tidy and clean home, and mops up (until dry) any water or other fluids, mold should NOT be a problem. What happens here is that if we get prolonged, heavy rain, water seeps into and under the roof, and then eventually makes it way inside the home. THAT is when mold can get a foothold. One thing that can help is buying a dehumidifier. Thats what I did after Florida got hit with 2 hurricanes some years back. That machine ran 24 hours a day for several weeks, and NO mold formed. I also mopped using a bit of bleach on the tile floors, and on the walls. The house needs to be renovated after this storm, since the shingle roof blew off. I am lucky that my insurance covered the damage.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
262 Posts
Great point . It’s important to kill mold at first sight. If you are getting mold and mildew in your bathroom, kitchen or other household rooms, I think non-toxic ways like vinegar and baking soda would be a perfect options. If it has entered drywall or wood then it might be best to consult a professional remediation or mold Removal Company.Nice sharing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
Growing mold is considered one of the most dangerous things. Mold grows in damp and wet conditions.
It is harmful to health in many ways. It causes diseases such as respiratory complications, allergic reactions and severe nervous system disorders and even cancer.
And don’t remove mold by yourself. Get mold removal services from one of the local restoration company because they are trained and have the expertise of removing it from the root.
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top