Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a customer ask me this question and I am embarrassed to say that I was stumped. She was more concerned about safety vs efficiency. I found that when I looked into it, it was hard to quantify exactly what was in each solution. I worked with a supplier and a rep from a major company to find her the greenest one available to them, but I am curious what opinions people here may have. I wish I would have asked this question before the situation came up.

I have a feeling this will not be the last time this comes up. I am also curious what people think the efficacy of something like this will ultimately be. I am using great heat and suction and all that, and I will pre-scrub with a CRB or a 175. I assume it is just nylon carpet based on were the house is.

·
Registered
58 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
"Green" Pretreater

The Envirox product has only plant derived renewable resource ingredients. No petroleum based ingredients. Reduced Aquatic Toxicity. Reduced Human Toxicity. Improved Biodegradability. For manual dilution, Eco-Blend. Peroxide cleaner. In diluted stage, no PPE are required.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ended up using green balance, it seems to have worked fine. The carpets were pretty clean to start with so no real earth shattering news on the effectiveness. I was surprised by how low the viscosity of it was, it really was no thicker than water. I also felt like it dried quite quickly (had to move quick through just 3 decent size rooms to keep it from drying up on me)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.