Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner

21 - 40 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Another annoying thing we had to learn is that rich people who live in multi-million-dollar homes almost always complain about the price when we mention it. As if we would charge them more just because they life in a mansion. But we do not. Actually the price gets lower if you have a bigger house because you usually don't have 3 kitchens, just more bedrooms (and unused baths) that are done quicker.

And people with smaller homes and kids, both parents working, who can barely afford a professional house cleaner, they usually accept our prices. The world is unfair.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Another annoying thing we had to learn is that rich people who live in multi-million-dollar homes almost always complain about the price when we mention it. As if we would charge them more just because they life in a mansion. But we do not. Actually the price gets lower if you have a bigger house because you usually don't have 3 kitchens, just more bedrooms (and unused baths) that are done quicker.

And people with smaller homes and kids, both parents working, who can barely afford a professional house cleaner, they usually accept our prices. The world is unfair.

what is your pricing for a 5bed/3bath? 4bed/3bath? 3 bed/2bath? 2bed/2bath?:unsure:

·
Registered
20 Posts
what is your pricing for a 5bed/3bath? 4bed/3bath? 3 bed/2bath? 2bed/2bath?:unsure:
We don't tell final prices on the phone anymore, we tell people to schedule an estimate because we have seen very different homes of the same size. Some are really dirty and need way longer to clean, some are already pretty clean. Some need a deep cleaning and people want us to do (and to not do) different things. But I would say the average for a 3bed/2bath home (light housecleaning) for example is $115. It get's less - of course - when they schedule weekly cleanings or when the people are extremely clean. Our professional competitors in our area charge more.

·
Registered
16 Posts
We don't tell final prices on the phone anymore, we tell people to schedule an estimate because we have seen very different homes of the same size. Some are really dirty and need way longer to clean, some are already pretty clean. Some need a deep cleaning and people want us to do (and to not do) different things. But I would say the average for a 3bed/2bath home (light housecleaning) for example is $115. It get's less - of course - when they schedule weekly cleanings or when the people are extremely clean. Our professional competitors in our area charge more.

If you dont mind me asking, where are you? Cause here in FL I charged 135 for a 5bed/3 full bath and they was like it was too high, but less then 15 minutes I did a house with 3bed/2 full bath and charged 115 and the client told me that the last guy tried to charge her $190...

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am also in SW Florida. I have the same problems here. Some people (especially the rich ones!) always say the price is too high. Despite we barely earn money, the insurances are very expensive and we ALWAYS make the best price possible. Plus: I know the other professional companies charge more (like Molly Maid or Maid Pro). So I have to stay hard sometimes because we can not work for nothing. And if they think they can get a cheaper mexican girl, they shall go with that idea. I always tell them it's a risk because of lacking insurances, not paying taxes etc. Doesn't help very often. Don't know how the franchises are doing this. I also know we are doing a better and more thorough job than the others. The time will come we'll rule the area... hopefully. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
16 Posts
I am also in SW Florida. I have the same problems here. Some people (especially the rich ones!) always say the price is too high. Despite we barely earn money, the insurances are very expensive and we ALWAYS make the best price possible. Plus: I know the other professional companies charge more (like Molly Maid or Maid Pro). So I have to stay hard sometimes because we can not work for nothing. And if they think they can get a cheaper mexican girl, they shall go with that idea. I always tell them it's a risk because of lacking insurances, not paying taxes etc. Doesn't help very often. Don't know how the franchises are doing this. I also know we are doing a better and more thorough job than the others. The time will come we'll rule the area... hopefully. :rolleyes:

LOL yes we will rule the area one day...
How long have you been doing this? Do you only do residential? I am fairly new at this but learning quick and have some experiance already... My problem is the pricing. I dont want to go around charging $90 for a 3/2 and be there all day. I feel $115 is good cause a 3/2 is a big house. Plus I do baseboards, window sills, ceiling fans... I know people charge alittle extra for those little things...

Can I ask you one more question? Where do you and how do you find your clients?

·
Registered
20 Posts
We started two weeks ago and we are also learning new things from day to day. This is why I just started posting here. So I am probably the wrong person to give great tips, I am sorry. What I already figured out is that there are definitely different rules for SW Florida than for the rest of the country.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Oh, and yes, we are only doing residential. We wanna concentrate on this and offer personalized and professional service. So far all customers were really happy with our work. This is why I am hoping it will be honored some day with referrals and a more reasonable pricing. At the moment we don't earn money and we probably won't within the first 6 months.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Oh, and yes, we are only doing residential. We wanna concentrate on this and offer personalized and professional service. So far all customers were really happy with our work. This is why I am hoping it will be honored some day with referrals and a more reasonable pricing. At the moment we don't earn money and we probably won't within the first 6 months.

So how have you been funding clients? Has it all been word of mouth?

·
Registered
3 Posts
$99 for 5 hours cleaning services around Minneapolis!

Well, we are the cleaning company from Minneapolis area and provides services around. Be honest we charge $99 for 5 hours cleaning services. And these are one time charges indeed. :jester:

·
Registered
30 Posts
This is so true. I did a house yesterday and quoted the client 135 for a 5bd/3bath. But I am sure if they had another cleaner they would have coughed up more money cause of what they actually wanted done was not what we discussed... Then they turned around and still gave us a bad review!:censored:
Good that it worked for you!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
All cleaning companies have its own terms and conditions. As per their norms and popularity, they are taking charges from their customers. Most of the companies are taking charges as per the area you want to clean.

21 - 40 of 70 Posts