Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was cleaning carpets today at a customers house and everything was going great. She came over and said after talking to her husband that they wanted there family room carpet done, I say sure thing no problem. I was wrong. I am in the room cleaning away when all of a sudden i feel what felt like a dogs tail smack me across the back of my leg, Wrong again. I turn around and theres a lizzard looking at me. He finaly walks off and i get back to cleaning the carpet. Got it made now, WRONG. Im cleaning away when the lizzard comes back in the room and attacks my cleaner. He was as mad as a hornet. I ran into the other room and told them what was going on and they were rolling on the floor laughing. Glad i just cleaned that carpet lol. They end up telling me that he must really like me to show me that much attention. Long story short they gave me a good tip. Dont clean carpets around an angry lizzard. Was just wondering if this had happend to anyone else. Sorry so long. Thanks :laughing: NOW

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
I once had a customer who owned a very, very large male iguana who was normally a very peaceful being who even when he was out of his cage would just sit sunning himself in the nearest window. That is until one day when we went in to clean, we find him in the living room and as soon as he sees us he starts running around all bezerk and crazy.

Having handled him in the past as his pet sitter I attempted to put him back into his cage only this day he was having nothing to do with that (in fact he whipped me a couple of times with his tail) The whole time he is freaking out more and more. Not even his favorite treats could lure him back in to his cage.

After a while it begins to appear to me that he is actually acting aggressively the young woman who is working with me that day.

We finally can't take it any more as it appears that he is getting more and more worked up instead of calming down so we pack up our stuff and leave. I called my customer and told him of the problem and he proceeds to tell me that obviously the young woman working with me that day must be "in season" :whistling2: Seems this sort of thing has happened before and the old guy was just horny:blink:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its always hard to tell what you will run into sometimes. I thought he might hurt hisself by attacking my machine like that but they were not to concerned. It is kinda funny now. Great story T. You all have a great weekend. Thanks:laughing:

·
Registered
81 Posts
i dont clean carpets but i had my carpets cleaned once and only once..I have 2 male dobermans and the guy walked in and saw them laying there and freaked out!! i assured him as long as him didnt make quick movements toward me or raise his voice they will stay clam....It was funny cause the whole time he was cleaning they were in the kitchen laying there watching him and he wouldnt take his eye off them...called the guy couple times to come back for more business and he never returned my calls...HAHAHA :laughing:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts