Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Hostmetro is at $1.90 per website with free custom domain and unlimited hard drive space. It is really fast too.

-Paul

·
Registered
178 Posts
1.90 per year?
LOL no. It's 1.90 a month. It is very cheap at that price point but I highly recommend checking GoDaddy and BlueHost. Although they are relatively more expensive but they offer quite a lot of features. Those features could be a deal breaker for you. HostMetro I think only has a couple of features along with free hosting.

-Paul

·
Registered
24 Posts
Verti Group is an extremely good consideration for anything SEO. I also know first hand that moving a site to a new domain as mentioned above is tricky and I would suggest talking with someone about the (CORRECT) steps that should be taken should you decide to move the site.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I worry a lot about this page. I originally set it up to cut down the number of email messages I receive at thesitewizard.com asking me to recommend a web host. However, over time, I have found that I had to revise this page numerous times as a result of changes in the web hosting scene. The worst thing is finding out that the quality of hosting at the hosts I had mentioned here earlier had deteriorated. Naturally those hosts are no longer listed below.
The best way to treat this page is to regard the comments I make here about web hosts as merely the opinions of one person given at a particular point in time. I recommend that you investigate thoroughly any host before signing up. You can find a list of things you should look for in a web host in my other article How to Choose a Web Host.
Note that I only mention commercial and free web hosts providing shared hosting, where yours is not the only website on a particular machine. Since I have no direct experience with leasing a dedicated server (where the entire computer is dedicated to serving your site) or getting a virtual private server (VPS) (a sort of intermediate step between shared web hosting and dedicated servers), this page will not mention any companies providing such facilities.

·
Registered
22 Posts
It depends on how much traffic you are expecting. If you are expecting less than 3000 visits a month go with godaddy. If more than that you might need to have a VPS. ovh.com and vultr.com are good VPS providers.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Well, a lot depends on what you expect to get from the hosting. I would recommend using a European hosting from website and email hosting. You can get high-quality service, excellent customer support and a very low price. I myself used only GoDaddy before, but I realized that it was a waste of money. The control panel of this hosting is very clear and simple. So try to test.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Well, a lot depends on what you expect to get from the hosting. I would recommend using a European hosting from website and email hosting. You can get high-quality service, excellent customer support and a very low price. I myself used only GoDaddy before, but I realized that it was a waste of money. The control panel of this hosting is very clear and simple. So try to test.
I was the same using low cost hosting. Now I have gone to a bit overpriced hosting with lots of good analytical tools.
Some of those free website builders never get found with Google as they are too full of unnecessary redirects and bloated time to find your site.
I use a local team in Australia although they are a bit dearer, I love them.
I have some knowledge of SEO etc and I can do that and edit my site without charges.

Just depends on where you are and your budget.
Cheers,
Pete

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
It actually differs from one business to another. The key is to do a lot of research on the matter beforehand, like a lot. There seem to ne more and more options available, but the ones that offers the most perks for the lowest price might not always be the best choice. Personla information that is likely to be stored on websites needs to be safely guarded, so I wouldn't personlly go for the first thing that I see. When I had to make this choice a while back I used 28Msec which offers comparisons between different hosting services and it made it so much easier to see all the differences.

·
Registered
235 Posts
My 2 Cents. I tried out GoDaddy & Fat Cow-- To be fair this was 1-2 years ago. Go Daddy it was always an upsell everytime I called support but maybe that has changed. Fat Cow the service was good but 1 reason I left was every time site got an infected then I had to pay a 3rd party to clean the site & the infected files.. tired of being $$$ often for that service.
1 tip.. I had my hosting providing Block all traffic from outside the USA, which helped to cut down on the spam & infections.
I use Siteguarding based in cyprus lean somewhat on the spendy side but get daily reports on my site, and infected file cleaning and malicious file scanning + 6 email. Meets my needs.. the tech support is chat/phone/email is pretty good but can 1 day or 2 to get a response.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts