Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is your target win rate and what do you actually get?

My goal was always 33% although I often hit 40-45% depending on the season.

I've often heard that if your getting over 40% of your bids then your prices are too low. I'm not sure that is totally right but it's an interesting idea. I knew a guy who tripled his rates until his win rate got back down to 30%. He ended up making just as much but worked 1/3 less.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Russ congrats, that is a killer close ration but Nathan is 100% correct. You can raise rates and work smarter instead of harder.

One statistic that should also be kept in mind is your long term business goal. I started high and raised several times as our reputation and referrals started paying off. The problem with that though is if your goal is multiple crews, your marketing dollars increase exponentially as you fight to keep your guys busy. If I were a one man crew my rates would be very high. I think a gross of 100k per crew per season is the goal one should shoot for and charge accordingly.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Russ congrats, that is a killer close ration but Nathan is 100% correct. You can raise rates and work smarter instead of harder.

One statistic that should also be kept in mind is your long term business goal. I started high and raised several times as our reputation and referrals started paying off. The problem with that though is if your goal is multiple crews, your marketing dollars increase exponentially as you fight to keep your guys busy. If I were a one man crew my rates would be very high. I think a gross of 100k per crew per season is the goal one should shoot for and charge accordingly.
thanks ken ,but its not as good as it sounds,i do good but its a really small demographic area,around 32,000 people

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks ken ,but its not as good as it sounds,i do good but its a really small demographic area,around 32,000 people
Are you over booked or still in need of customers?

If your over booked I'd raise your rates.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts