Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Both the green "brush ok" and the yellow "check brush" lights on my Windsor VS14 are on most of the time. The brush turns with enough power that I'd hate for it to rub across my hand, and the vac has good suction. I noticed that when the handle is in the upright position and I push the handle forward, putting pressure on the brush against a virtually nap-less rug, the "check brush" light goes off. Also, sometimes when I turn the vac on, only the green light is lit up for a while. If I recall, the yellow light used to come on when I was vac'ing a medium napped rug (probably on number 2 brush height) and then ran the vac out over a bare floor. I reasoned then that the vac was "not working hard enough" and would tell me I needed to lower the brush or get back onto a rug. Does what I am experiencing seem to indicate that the brush is warn down and needs replacing? Thanks. john

·
Registered
237 Posts
John,

Brush Controller The electronic brush controller monitors the operation of the brush.Green light: Brush correctly set and running.Green light and red: Adjust the brush setting byturning the pile adjustment knob (19) to a lower number.Red blinking light: The brush has become blocked and is not turning. Switch off. Unplug from the outlet and clear the blockage.
Below is a link to the manual including troubleshooting guide--if you don't have one.

Brad BD janitorial
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1083666/Windsor-Versamatic-14.html?page=16#manual

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Brad: many thanks for the reply. Yes, I read the manual, but it does not say anything about both lights being on and being in position 1, which you can't lower. So, as I recall, when I would vacuum a rug and push past it, onto a bare floor, the amber/yellow light would come on. I think, therefor, that the bristles are too short and the brush spins too easilty, turning on the amber light. I will know in a day or two, when the new strip arrives. Have a good one! john

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
fixed

the new bristle strip did it. machine runs like a top now, and i can again feel it pulling me along the rug. cheers. j

·
Registered
1 Posts
I hear about such problems for the first time. I've never encountered problems with the night light. Tbh I order it from Amazon, and I found a seller who sells quality products. The order goes with a complete of 6 pieces at about 12 dollars. I don't know for me it's ok and the quality is superior. It's a pretty bright light for a long time. I mean, these 6 pieces are enough for a year if you use them intensively, so if you really need them, I recommend this night light. I hope I helped you at least for a little bit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts