Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What percentage of your budget goes to marketing your company?

Also, has this changed over time? Did you spend more to start your company out on the right foot or have you built up to a larger marketing budget? (still talking percentages)

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I ran a different business model than most people so my numbers are probably not normal but I spent around 8% and that was pretty consistent.

·
Registered
16 Posts
As my dad would always say $1 2/20....never really knew what that meant other than not a whole heck of a lot. I really don't have a budget per say, I just buy as I need it.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
WOW, 60% seems high.

Great domain names BTW... where in Virginia are you? That picture on your DeckRestorer.com homepage looks like the homes near where I used to live in Northern Virginia.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I grew up in the Fairfax area. Went to HS at Robinson and then Sout Lakes.

Nice area but pricey!

·
Registered
955 Posts
WOW, 60% seems high.

Great domain names BTW... where in Virginia are you? That picture on your DeckRestorer.com homepage looks like the homes near where I used to live in Northern Virginia.

It does seem high, How ever can you include the labor you use for advertisement or just the stuff you out source?

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
I spend very little on marketing > 1% at the moment. After 20 years we get 95% of our work word of mouth and repeat customers.

The little that I do spead is on keeping my website up to date. That brings in the other 5% + (the + being that we keep a steady waiting list for openings in our schedule of 1 to 2 clients)

In those beginning years though, I spent up to 10% of the revenue on average on marketing.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm fortunate in that my sister works for (runs) a company that creates marketing supplies. She has done my car magnets, flyers, business cards, fridge magnets....all at no charge! :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
That is a sweet deal Karen, wish I had a sister like that :yes: I really do admire and love how families come together with family owned businesses. At one time or another I have employed most of my neices and nephews as well as my own (now mostly grown) children. It gives me great pride when they come back and say that they got alot of their strong work ethic from working with Aunt Theresa or Mom :thumbup:

·
Registered
25 Posts
That is a sweet deal Karen, wish I had a sister like that :yes: I really do admire and love how families come together with family owned businesses. At one time or another I have employed most of my neices and nephews as well as my own (now mostly grown) children. It gives me great pride when they come back and say that they got alot of their strong work ethic from working with Aunt Theresa or Mom :thumbup:
I guess she's paying me back for all the business I sent her way...she's also a professional photographer! :yes:
My children work with me too....when they aren't in school. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts