Subjective rating Awesome
holy crap Ken thats fast!!

I'm jealous!!:cry:

·
Registered
513 Posts
Vonage

I'm happy so far.

I got the router for free. I signed up through a friend and I got one month free and he got two months free. My father in law signed up through me and I got another two months free.
I called customer service once and tech support once and was taken care of immediately by Americans.

$%^& Bellsouth!
:D

·
Registered
222 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Doesn't look as good as what you guys got goin' on.....:cry:
I guess I should have read the rest of the thread before I posted!

You won't see much difference between 2 or 3 Mps, unless you're doing a LOT of download and uploading files/graphics. For browsing, that's plenty fast enough!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Here is what I got using Comcast Cable. I have all of my settings (RWIN etc) tweaked with CableNut

Communications 5.3 megabits per second
Storage 646.5 kilobytes per second
1MB file download 1.6 seconds
Subjective rating Awesome
Yeah, cable IS fast! My parents have comcast, and get 6mps in Crystal River.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Check out this site and download the Cablenut program. You can custom tweak settings or the program has "stock" settings that will speed your connection. Check out the forums while you are there for some good info.

http://www.cablenut.com/

·
353 Posts
Heheheh...
Not sure what that's about unless it was your web site exchange friend or someone else.......Not me. Last time I called was a few weeks ago when I left you a message about how your skid was doing. Still waiting on the call-back! :whistling2: :D

·
Registered
222 Posts
Not sure what that's about unless it was your web site exchange friend or someone else.......Not me. Last time I called was a few weeks ago when I left you a message about how your skid was doing. Still waiting on the call-back! :whistling2: :D
Sorry about that...Nothing personal, just busy when I think of calling, and forget when I have the time!

I'll give you a call this week, I promise!

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Damn 54 mbps is wicked fast.

I am getting 6.5.
6.5 is pretty fast too! Did you do the speed test?

I got about 5mbps in Florida on Brighthouse Cable. But I was the only one in that area that used internet I think LOL. Lots of retired people. :wheelchair:

·
Registered
222 Posts
6.5 is pretty fast too! Did you do the speed test?

I got about 5mbps in Florida on Brighthouse Cable. But I was the only one in that area that used internet I think LOL. Lots of retired people. :wheelchair:
You'd be surprised at how many web-active seniors there are! They've nothing else to do!

My parents have two computers side by side, they play online poker together (play money tables)

21 - 40 of 73 Posts